[2024 Event] Christmas Wonderland

2024 event tickets now on sale

Santa grotto cost is £12 or £10 for passholders
Looks really good nice too see that hot chocolate factory idea also have to say having most of frontier falls open is a great idea.Probably very quieter than usual.

Last edited:
If you book as an annual pass holder, does that mean you can't book another visit at any date beforehand?

I'm excited about this! We've done it for the last few years. Interesting that they are putting a light trail on the Thomas line this year; last year they did it on the Polperro Express. Sadly our light trail last year was cancelled because of strong winds.

I wonder if there will be a Rory Show??
I hope so; they did last year.
IMG_3447.jpeg

I think that Frontier Falls could look really good with snowstorms etc.

Little lad was 8 last Christmas. The grotto visit was still a thing for him. I do hope we get this year as well. We've got four years of photos now. I wonder how many more we'll have before the magic evaporates a bit.

I notice that Jolly Buccaneer isn’t on the the ride line up this year so I wonder if pirate cove area will be cornered off so they can start work on the pirate adventure building?

Annual pass holders can visit as many times during the event for free.
Thanks, but I meant - if I book in for Xmas as an annual passholder today, does that mean I can't book in for any other visits before then? On the FAQ it says annual passholders can only book one visit at a time but we are also planning to go late Sept and also for halloween

Seems odd to have the engine tours listed when its also being used as an upcharge attraction. Will it change over partway through the day or will there be chaos, with 2 differrent queues?

Seems odd to have the engine tours listed when its also being used as an upcharge attraction. Will it change over partway through the day or will there be chaos, with 2 differrent queues?
Think they probably copied and pasted it with all the Thomas land rides.

Seems odd to have the engine tours listed when it’s also being used as an upcharge attraction. Will it change over partway through the day or will there be chaos, with 2 differrent queues?
As it says in the description:
Hop aboard and enjoy a magical Christmas tale with Sir Topham Hatt as you journey along our sparkling festive light trail towards Rusty and Dusty’s Hot Chocolate Factory. With festive installations lighting up the night sky, this festive train ride will bring an extra Christmas glow to your visit.

So I think it will be free between 10:30 and 3:30.

Not happy with Drayton’s customer service. When I was at the park on the 22nd September I went in to Guest services to ask for the Xmas link to do group bookings for the Santa experience and train as mine and my daughter’s annual pass doesn’t run out to the end of November. They said they didn’t have it on hand yet but to email guest services and ask them so I did that on the original email I was sent last years link on the 23rd and the link on the website 2 days later but I had no response at all.

Not happy with Drayton’s customer service. When I was at the park on the 22nd September I went in to Guest services to ask for the Xmas link to do group bookings for the Santa experience and train as mine and my daughter’s annual pass doesn’t run out to the end of November. They said they didn’t have it on hand yet but to email guest services and ask them so I did that on the original email I was sent last years link on the 23rd and the link on the website 2 days later but I had no response at all.
You're definitely not the only one who's had issues with customer service - it seems to be one of the main criticisms of the park from people on Twitter.

I sorted it out in guest services today and got the Santa booked for 2pm on the 23rd December. Not sure how the train will work .
I’ve asked, once you’ve got given your Grotto ticket, you can use the Grotto ticket for the train at any point throughout your day, i’m pretty sure you can only use it once tho.

Back