[2024 Event] Fiestaval

Fiestaval runs from the 25th of May til the 2nd of June and is a celebration full of fun and colour!

The samba dancers / drummers will be back however this year it does not look like the circus performers will return which is a shame as I really liked them last year

Fiestaval runs from the 25th of May til the 2nd of June and is a celebration full of fun and colour!

The samba dancers / drummers will be back however this year it does not look like the circus performers will return which is a shame as I really liked them last year
I think last year the budget was quite high for the entertainment but with the amount of money spent on new rides etc has resulted in the budget for entertainment been cut. Like the social media team was always around the park but I not seen 1 since the Dinosaurs event.

Reactions: Dan
I think last year the budget was quite high for the entertainment but with the amount of money spent on new rides etc has resulted in the budget for entertainment been cut. Like the social media team was always around the park but I not seen 1 since the Dinosaurs event.
That may be the case - It makes sense as they have a lot of investments ongoing this year :)

The Samba dancers were absoloutely wonderful last year - so it will be nice to see them again <3 I got some nice photos of them last time.

If they get the sun again too it'll be perfect.

That may be the case - It makes sense as they have a lot of investments ongoing this year :)

The Samba dancers were absoloutely wonderful last year - so it will be nice to see them again <3 I got some nice photos of them last time.

If they get the sun again too it'll be perfect.
I’m wondering if you noticed any different songs from last week ? Lil man told me it was the same show as last week just a few adverb lines added in about being a fiestival x

I’m wondering if you noticed any different songs from last week ? Lil man told me it was the same show as last week just a few adverb lines added in about being a fiestival x
Same songs but with a Fiestaval feel on the jokes and stuff I believe :)

I believe all songs were the same or at least one was used at a previous event too

Loved their ribbons though!

Very busy today at Fiestival. Today I was disappointed. I understand that they have had two major investments this year, but if they are going to do half a job of an event. Don’t do it at all.

First off there were NO decorations around park, no special food for it or anything like that. They have cut the Acrobatics thing next to the lake which was very good. Rory and Lorys show was LAZY. Rory had the exact same show as last year and Lory was on the DJ Booth, and then the fiestival show audio cut and then went on to Lory doing her “Happy” Song from there show introducing Lory.

Rory and Lory didn’t have any new outfits, Rory used to have cute outfits Maybe the outfits can’t go on these mascots??

The Dancers and Drummers:

Last year there was at least 12 dancers, this year there was 5. Last year 5 drummers this year 3. The Parade kinda thing lasted 3 minutes.

I was quite disappointed this year. If you can’t do the full event, don’t do it.

Opinions?

Reactions: Dan
Very busy today at Fiestival. Today I was disappointed. I understand that they have had two major investments this year, but if they are going to do half a job of an event. Don’t do it at all.

First off there were NO decorations around park, no special food for it or anything like that. They have cut the Acrobatics thing next to the lake which was very good. Rory and Lorys show was LAZY. Rory had the exact same show as last year and Lory was on the DJ Booth, and then the fiestival show audio cut and then went on to Lory doing her “Happy” Song from there show introducing Lory.

Rory and Lory didn’t have any new outfits, Rory used to have cute outfits Maybe the outfits can’t go on these mascots??

The Dancers and Drummers:

Last year there was at least 12 dancers, this year there was 5. Last year 5 drummers this year 3. The Parade kinda thing lasted 3 minutes.

I was quite disappointed this year. If you can’t do the full event, don’t do it.

Opinions?
My perspective is as a parent to a little one but it was a nice little event and whilst yes we can easily say it wasn’t great, we have to remember that budget is a big constraint and also did they have more planned and things didn’t turn up or did acts drop out , we do not know.

The burger kitchen does have a Cuban themed burger which is new and I believe may only be just for the event.

Last year although we spent the day at the park , we didn’t see any entertainment at all and the times weren’t advertised so it was pot luck if you got to see anything however this year it was welcomed to see a board outside of the stage with all of the information for all entertainment across the whole park.

We loved the dancing and can only really comment on this year’s offerings however we viewed all three performances due to lil man demanding to watch all three and thought it was a fab way to get kids involved. Lil man really enjoyed the Macarena and also doing the limbo. As a kid themed offering , this was amazing.

We thought Rory and Lory was fab as always but we are big fans in this house hold. Considering the new version of Rory and lory has just launched I would be very surprised to see them in any different outfits especially when they have not long launched merchandise including Rory’s jacket. Promotionally , from a business perspective, if I’ve just launched something new, I would want it consistent before making any sort of changes. Who knows, maybe we may see changes further down the line but the marketing team was doing interviews with a mic with a range of people yesterday and one of the questions we was asked is “what do you think of the new Rory and lory”.

The show time boards have been a welcome addition this year for the events :) Really helps me plan my day out too as I spend a lot of time at the shows getting content of them.

Do think the circus performers were missed this year - They were my favourite at Fiestaval last year. Was good to see the roaming cowboys though! First time properly meeting them this season for me.

With Rory & Lory, they will develop as time goes on. Remember, their Debut was only recent so they are still quite fresh in their appearance. They will most likely get new costumes for the events again in time, but more likely in 2025 :) (I want to see Rory with a big bucket hat and Lory with some cute dresses! Im not fully sure how these ones are put together. Some character suits have clothes attached direct to the body but it depends on make - this is a whole side topic though which goes into my costume maker side haha )
Their shows will also vary and change up more as they settle in - its a big change going from 2 on stage to three especially with how vision can be in them. Give them time and they will grow. From what I have seen, they've been an absolute hit with guests which is lovely!
(But this is a conversation off topic to fiestaval)

IMG_4175.jpeg
IMG_4172.jpeg
IMG_4171.jpeg
IMG_4170.jpeg
IMG_4169.jpeg
Photos from today

Went yesterday for this, not entirely sure if this was worthy of a separate event based on what Mardi Grrra was like at Chessington a few years ago (the only similar event we have been to). Other than the dancers (who were very good) and a burger, I couldn't see much theming about etc. I'd suggest in future that entire central plaza is decked out for all events, similar to Christmas, rather than just a stage. At the Chessington event the kids could go to different stages and collect coloured beads etc. and things like that. Here you could just buy a necklace from the shop, we just didn't seem to be engulfed in anything different to a usual day. Not sure if previous years have been different, but something that can definitely be improved in my opinion.

Went yesterday for this, not entirely sure if this was worthy of a separate event based on what Mardi Grrra was like at Chessington a few years ago (the only similar event we have been to). Other than the dancers (who were very good) and a burger, I couldn't see much theming about etc. I'd suggest in future that entire central plaza is decked out for all events, similar to Christmas, rather than just a stage. At the Chessington event the kids could go to different stages and collect coloured beads etc. and things like that. Here you could just buy a necklace from the shop, we just didn't seem to be engulfed in anything different to a usual day. Not sure if previous years have been different, but something that can definitely be improved in my opinion.
In the previous year there was more entertainment - Roaming circus acts & a set of aerial/hoop performers too :)
There was more flag decorations last year too (Similar to the flags on the hotel for this event)

I would love to see Fiestaval develop into something larger like Mardi Gras :) Beads and other activities like that could really add to it.

Back