75 Years of Drayton Manor

Next year will mark 75 years since Drayton Manor opened to the public on Easter Sunday 1950. What do you think the park will do to celebrate, if anything?

Personally, having seen how Drayton are going all in for their events, I would expect to see a event for this, possibly replacing this year's "British Bank Holiday" mostly being some live music, themed show and some fireworks. I would love to see some merchandise as well in a similar vein to the metal badge produced for the 70th anniversary.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

Next year will mark 75 years since Drayton Manor opened to the public on Easter Sunday 1950. What do you think the park will do to celebrate, if anything?

Personally, having seen how Drayton are going all in for their events, I would expect to see a event for this, possibly replacing this year's "British Bank Holiday" mostly being some live music, themed show and some fireworks. I would love to see some merchandise as well in a similar vein to the metal badge produced for the 70th anniversary.

What are everyone elses thoughts?
Yes love too see a nice range of merchandise probably some fireworks would be nice as well a nice bit of media coverage and a memorial plaque to mark the occasion.

I'm not sure. I'm willing to be corrected with those on here who know the history and individuals concerned more than I, but for any event to be worthwhile it would need the involvement of the Bryans. And I'm not sure it is something that would interest them or indeed be beneficial to them.

If you have ever been so involved in anything in the way that they have sometimes you have to cut all ties to enable you to focus on the present and future rather than the past.

Back