Drayton Manor App

Ollie

Currently drayton manor are using an app called “Tap” but most big theme parks like Drayton Manor have an app for themselves. I certainly think this should be a future investment. If they did make an app, they would need to get more wifi around park. ( idk how much that would cost to get more wifi )

Currently drayton manor are using an app called “Tap” but most big theme parks like Drayton Manor have an app for themselves. I certainly think this should be a future investment. If they did make an app, they would need to get more wifi around park. ( idk how much that would cost to get more wifi )
Think this is something that looks good but would people want to use it

There used to be one.

But it sort of appeared around Covid. It wasn't really a happy time for the park which had been battered by floods. The hand over to Looping happened soon after, with the lifting of restrictions the App never really got any traction.
Thats a shame then

I do think Drayton need their own dedicated app, that has queue times, show times and park map in it. Pretty much a clone of Alton towers and other theme park apps.

It would be nice if we could get our passes in it too. I'm not a fan of the Tap app, it's flakey at best and doesn't integrate with apple or google wallet which would be a nice feature.

They had that app as you had to reserve ride times and staff scanned them at the entrance. It was cause they wanted guests to keep to the 2m rule and the queues wouldn’t be long. I remember my son wanting to see on the Flying Dutchman and there was no queue but the staff member still made me reserve a time slot so he could scan it.

If the park developed a new app.
What would you like to see?

I'd say -
Ride Times
Map
Ticket Booking / passholders
Food/Drink /Retail Info
Showtimes
Parking info
FAQ
Photopass/Onride photos
Hotel Info

My three priorities would be:

1. Ride Times
2. Ride times.
3. Ride times.

Given we now have a range of function and distinct themed areas the distance that can be covered for little reward is massive. Even on arrival, you could easily waste 30 odd minutes making a wrong decision as you enter.

Most parks use attractions.io to have the functionality they do, see any app for the merlin parks. However the Tap app is required for the integration with their ticketing system provided by convious, this is how annual pass prebooks, app tickets etc. work, but this does not support queue times, so they have a bit of a conundrum, as they most likely don't want two seperate apps from a guest service point of view.

Back