Gold Rush (New for 2024)

Posted on Aerial Amusement’s Twitter page (https://twitter.com/AerialAmusement). Some drone shots:

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

IMG_3153.jpeg

It’s still incredibly difficult to figure out the layout but these photos at least give some perspective on what it’s becoming.

From Accelerator on Christmas Eve, there was definitely some work having been done on the Haunting’s wall/gate. It looked like it had been repainted at least.

I was there yesterday and saw the wild west saloon style balcony and a wild west bank sign. I wonder if the new ride will be some kind of runaway mine train?

It would make sense and a mine train is a family classic that is always a big hit. I remember at At that the mine train always had long queues. It makes me wonder however if we will see themed performances as we’ve noticed a rather large balcony they’ve built.

I've not seen a budget anywhere. When Looping took over I vaguely remember a capital budget of £5 million per year for a period I think of 5 years. The 2023 ride would not have used this £5 million, but other works will have eaten into this. 2021 financial statements suggest £3.3 million and 2022 suggest £7.1 million. 2022 financial statements suggest capital commitments of £3.3 million, so if the budget was rigid, This would suggest £6.7 million ride budget, but they may have decided to invest more particularly if there is two rides. Then there is the investment in shockwave and other improvements such as Terrance Driving school. I'm looking forward to seeing the new coaster.

The accounts online hasn’t been updated yet for 2023 but with last season been a low investment year with just the kids log flume it will mean that they could spend more on the 2024 season with the new coaster you also got all the surrounding buildings changed to fit the theme, Shockwave re theme with a new sit down train and Terence’s new area. If Vikings cost £7.1m you got to be looking at around £12 million.

I think it will all depend on how much the park make this year. If it is the Flying Dutchman been moved and a new flat ride for 2025 we could also see Accelerator been re themed again.
I think this year will be a major success for the park. 2023 was good in terms of profit and there was only 1 small new Thomas ride so imagine how great this year could be if the park execute it right.

I do think that FD will be moved/rethemed to Vikings, with a new flat & retheme of Accelerator as a phase 2 to the new Wild West area.

It’s not uncommon for capital investment levels to increase if ROI is higher than expected, plus to allow for higher than usual inflation.

Back