Gold Rush (New for 2024)

I love the burning smell pods in the indoor section. I been informed where the disabled toilets and baby changing was is now the control room for the special effects for the indoor launch section.

Managed a ride during the passholder hour today and my one word summary is surprising! I came off smiling and the forces for a ride with a 1m height will thrill younger guests. The test seat is helpful although despite the test seat suggesting I would fit easily, the ride itself required a little assistance from the operations staff to help me squeeze my larger frame in.

Over all we managed 15 rides in on gold rush today though we must have had bad luck. We managed 13 rides with cycle 1 and 2 rides with cycle 2. It’s a very surprising ride which packs quite a punch. I was impressed with how smooth it ran and the fact dispatch was essentially near enough every 2 minutes.

The only thing that’s letting the ride down is the staff in themed uniforms like they were on the press day.
I wonder if a bell will ring after the train leaves the station

In the queue maintenance has come rather large technical delay almost 12 minutes since. Think it may because of restraints

IMG_6899.jpeg
I like that they kept this from shockwave and put it in gold rush area

Attachments

• IMG_6901.png
    IMG_6901.png
    4 MB · Views: 54
In the queue maintenance has come rather large technical delay almost 12 minutes since. Think it may because of restraints
It was a problem with the air gates on the row I was sitting as while they were repairing it I had to queue at the next air gate and move round.
TPW are there today and they really have upset a lot of guests as when we got off the train Shawn and Charlotte was waiting at the exit gate and was let on the back row where they filmed POV and as he was unhappy with the footage was allowed to ride the coaster on there own while only loading guests on the 2nd train.

It was a problem with the air gates on the row I was sitting as while they were repairing it I had to queue at the next air gate and move round.
TPW are there today and they really have upset a lot of guests as when we got off the train Shawn and Charlotte was waiting at the exit gate and was let on the back row where they filmed POV and as he was unhappy with the footage was allowed to ride the coaster on there own while only loading guests on the 2nd train.
I’ve noticed a trend that this is something they tend to always are allowed to do. I think it’s so unfair on everyone that has to queue for large amounts of time. It reminds me of what happened last year on shockwave. I understand the park get free marketing through use of their social media but I do believe that some of the privileges they are given shouldn’t be given.

It’s not restricted to TPWW. Every time I’ve been there’s a vip using the exit ramps - most with channels with not even 1/100 the viewership of TPWW

It’s not restricted to TPWW. Every time I’ve been there’s a vip using the exit ramps - most with channels with not even 1/100 the viewership of TPWW
But also, it could be a youtuber with a disability so they are using an Easy Access line.

It’s not TPWW or any other vlogger I’m angry with but the park as they should have said you can film as much content they like but it got to be after 5 when the queue line has been cleared.
Theses vloggers don’t care about Drayton but viewers figures for the videos.
Me and Tom (TjChapperz) worked our socks off for Drayton Manor Plus and Colin Bryan loved that we and our forum cared about the park dearly so gave us 1-1 end of end meeting with him where forum members would ask us questions and select ones we would ask Colin. We got exclusive info about new rides, welcome into the park for closed season updates and put on the vip openings of attractions. They had some of the biggest names in the past to open there rides.

I actuallhy typed out a bit of a rant the other evening after the VIP launch but I think i chose to delete it.

There were a load of content creators in the queue at the launch and their comments and behaviours and entitlement were shocking. I reckon the parks ought to come up with a policy on how to treat these individuals. Because there was more than a whiff of "don't you know who I am?" about them and their willingness to leverage their position was pretty unedifiying.

Have to say that the team from Drayton Talk are the exception that proves this particular rule.

I was a bit confused , my mom was watching a content creator vlog who was at Drayton manor on Saturday. (We found ourselves a few times on the video which was fun to do). Back to the point which is confusing me, he stayed operations for gold rush was not good on Saturday but personally for me I did not share this same experience. I thought operations was amazing and quick. Yes there was big queues but that is to be expected on opening weekend of a new major coaster for the park. (We had the advantage of easy access which is why we managed so many rides in the day. ) To me the only thing that would make the coaster better would be more probability of getting cycle 2 as it seemed to be mainly cycle 1 with the odd cycle 2 that lasted for 2 trains in a row.

The only thing that’s letting the ride down is the staff in themed uniforms like they were on the press day.
I wonder if a bell will ring after the train leaves the station
I was really hoping those would be permanent uniforms... They were fun!

-
Cycle 2 seems to be the "rare" one which is amusing - Hopefully I will get that one this week!

-
Just to comment on the content creator stuff, We queue for all of our rides :) On press preview we queued & were in the station waiting when the ride had its temporary delay too.

Im thankful for the kind words towards our team, we do our best to provide the content and community you have all helped form :) Without you, there is no community. So a huge thank you to everyone here too!

Last edited:
I was a bit confused , my mom was watching a content creator vlog who was at Drayton manor on Saturday. (We found ourselves a few times on the video which was fun to do). Back to the point which is confusing me, he stayed operations for gold rush was not good on Saturday but personally for me I did not share this same experience. I thought operations was amazing and quick. Yes there was big queues but that is to be expected on opening weekend of a new major coaster for the park. (We had the advantage of easy access which is why we managed so many rides in the day. ) To me the only thing that would make the coaster better would be more probability of getting cycle 2 as it seemed to be mainly cycle 1 with the odd cycle 2 that lasted for 2 trains in a row.

I guess they may think its slow because it runs one train at a time, but it can't run both on the track at once due to the way the cycles work.
Very odd. I thought it was very good operations - until the delay on preview night.

I think it’s because , in theory, you can dispatch each train when the first has cleared the show building for the second time. But in reality it’s not moving before train 2 has long hit the final break run.

Back