Gold Rush (New for 2024)

One from the Gold Rush preview.
The Pre-show before the ride opening.

Apologies for the second half being so far away - I got lost in the crowd and couldn't get any closer... Curse of being 5'2

It’s not TPWW or any other vlogger I’m angry with but the park as they should have said you can film as much content they like but it got to be after 5 when the queue line has been cleared.
Theses vloggers don’t care about Drayton but viewers figures for the videos.
Me and Tom (TjChapperz) worked our socks off for Drayton Manor Plus and Colin Bryan loved that we and our forum cared about the park dearly so gave us 1-1 end of end meeting with him where forum members would ask us questions and select ones we would ask Colin. We got exclusive info about new rides, welcome into the park for closed season updates and put on the vip openings of attractions. They had some of the biggest names in the past to open there rides.
Definitely shows how times have changed. Nowadays the park will only give special privileges to content creators and content creators only, because at the end of the day it's what helps rake in the money for both the park and the YouTubers.

I know we not got the members level yet on the forums and on the social media platforms but the amount of photos we all uploaded from the day Apocalypse closed to opening day we could easily have a Timelapse video.
They should have given Drayton Talk, Coaster Giant and Theme park Insanity the exclusive as they were the only vloggers I know who regularly visited the park.

Had my first ride today, 16 minutes from walking through the entrance portal to leaving the gift shop - yes I timed it! Fantastic operation, well done to all involved.

Both cycles ran for the AS event today yes :) smoke cannons were also running from what I could see

Speaking of, here's a closer look at one of those cannons*
-

*Photo taken by myself during a special authorised access to the Gold Rush site. There is more to come from this access very soon. Please do not remove the watermark.*

Attachments

• SquarePic_20240804_22401446.jpg
    SquarePic_20240804_22401446.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
Part two of why the loose gravel footpath isn't a good idea. The dusty hand and foot prints all over the first part of the gold rush station part of the queue.

These were on the posters /signage here too... (Amazing how tall some people are!)

Attachments

• PXL_20240804_090549799.jpg
    PXL_20240804_090549799.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 56
Pitched up to the park between 12 & 3 this afternoon. As we arrived the were evacuating the ride which was at the top of the lift hill.

It was still there when we left at 3.

Overhearing a conversation between security and the poor lad (left to deal with the public asking when it would be reopening) the latter told the forum said that it was "the same problem as last time."

I think the plan is to
Part two of why the loose gravel footpath isn't a good idea. The dusty hand and foot prints all over the first part of the gold rush station part of the queue.

These were on the posters /signage here too... (Amazing how tall some people are!)
Spoke to some staff today, they said the plan is to put resin in and over the winter season all the stones will be removed. But by then the resin will work and all the remaining stones will be stuck in the ground ( i think that’s how resin works idk )

I think the plan is to

Spoke to some staff today, they said the plan is to put resin in and over the winter season all the stones will bremoved. But by then the resin will work and all the remaining stones will be stuck in the ground ( i think that’s how resin works idk )
Yeah the resin would be set down and stones will stick to it as it dries :) (it dries solid)

Wonder why they decided to do the floor like they did when they did instead of doing it all for the 2025 season though only reason I have is to make it all look good for Gold Rush opening which makes sense.

Pitched up to the park between 12 & 3 this afternoon. As we arrived the were evacuating the ride which was at the top of the lift hill.

It was still there when we left at 3.

Overhearing a conversation between security and the poor lad (left to deal with the public asking when it would be reopening) the latter told the forum said that it was "the same problem as last time."
Oh dear that's unfortunate news!

Back