Gold Rush (New for 2024)

20240807_142417.jpg

Intamin are known for including unusual features in new rides, and as far as I am aware this is the first time they have done a bidirectional lift hill as well as it being a combined lift/spike, so with the problem being this pervasive, and seemingly being triggerred by the ride changing from lift mode to spike mode this could be something that needs Intamin to come in and iron out the kinks. Pretty standard with new types of rides (Goldrush being the first Intamin Lift & Launch) but certainly not what Drayton want. It seems that Drayton's tongue in cheek jibe at Hyperia's performance earlier this year may turn out to be poorly timed.

Down since we got here at 12:30 today, just opened for, I’d say, 45 seconds and down again. Second trip down for us and second time it ain’t been open (other than the 45 seconds)!

It must be a problem with Cycle 2. It’s better to open the ride and only use the 1 cycle than have to closed to they sort/reprogram cycle 2.
I think they should have a notice on the entrance just informing guests that on 1 cycle is currently available.

The ride has been running cycle 1 all day today around 12:30 it stopped abruptly in the launch building, it was evacuated and the ride reopened at 15:30 it was running great and felt a lot faster than opening. I hope they fix the problems cycle 2 are causing.

What’s the queues been like? I was surprised how quick the queue moves. I bet that’s had more guests in 3 weeks than the wave managed in 4 months.
The funny thing is the Fast Pass queue takes longer than the standard one because they can only let a certain amount of Fast Pass guests on at one time, which is considerably less than the regular queue intake.

We stopped in for a quick ride and only spent 20 minutes in park due to the time we arrived and dinner arrangements. We managed 2 rides on gold rush and both times we did cycle 2. I stand by that it’s the best setting.

Forgot to add a new rule has been implemented and the smallest rider has to sit on the right. This was something that wasn’t in place as late as 2 weeks ago so this is something very new. It was also running 2 trains.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Intrigued by postings last week that the park was quiet last Sunday we paid a quick trip down to see if we could get a few rides on the new attractions. Pitched up just after mid day and both Wave and Godl rush weren't operating. "Opening Soon" on the boards. Walked up to Goldrush, was told they didn't know when they may be open.

Given that it was about 5 minutes before the start time of the 4D cinema we went in there. On exit the ride was open and already the queue was up to the top zig zag. The announcment came that wait times would be longer than normal as there was only one train operating.

Later they detailed that the wait from the back of the queue was one hour 25 minutes.

Fair play they seemed to be really efficient on the loading and unloading and the train didin't go down. All seemed to be cycle one. Enjoyed the ride and had a decent mooch around the shop for the first time. I was sort of tempted by a mug, but would have liked an enamel one. May have felt more in keeping. If they do bring these out I'd get one.

I don't know if they have had a previous period with only one train but I think if they do they need to consider if they can fill every seat. There was at least one empty seat on every train. It is quite irksome to see empty seats when you would be willing to fill them

Intrigued by postings last week that the park was quiet last Sunday we paid a quick trip down to see if we could get a few rides on the new attractions. Pitched up just after mid day and both Wave and Godl rush weren't operating. "Opening Soon" on the boards. Walked up to Goldrush, was told they didn't know when they may be open.

Given that it was about 5 minutes before the start time of the 4D cinema we went in there. On exit the ride was open and already the queue was up to the top zig zag. The announcment came that wait times would be longer than normal as there was only one train operating.

Later they detailed that the wait from the back of the queue was one hour 25 minutes.

Fair play they seemed to be really efficient on the loading and unloading and the train didin't go down. All seemed to be cycle one. Enjoyed the ride and had a decent mooch around the shop for the first time. I was sort of tempted by a mug, but would have liked an enamel one. May have felt more in keeping. If they do bring these out I'd get one.

I don't know if they have had a previous period with only one train but I think if they do they need to consider if they can fill every seat. There was at least one empty seat on every train. It is quite irksome to see empty seats when you would be willing to fill them
We was there this Friday and Saturday and managed to get 2 rides on cycle 2 on the Friday and only cycle 1 was running on the Saturday. Both days saw the two trains running back to back and staff was very efficient filling all seats. I’m sorry you had a terrible experience with the through put.

In the station and talking to a couple of friends that work it, they could really use a seperate member off staff as a batcher rather than the load side host. The walk along the station takes up a surprising amount of time between cycles, and as they have to fill the gates in time to get back to the front for restraints check, they don't necessarily have the time to ensure guests neatly fill rows, whilst keeping the ride moving. I'm sure most people here who have ridden it see how the instruction to fill all rows is completely ignored by most guests especially with small children in the picture. :ROFLMAO:

The video to long to upload but they added more information about how to put all loose items in the baggage area and to sit down and pull the bar towards you.
The reason it was on 1 train on Sunday is that they were installing new wheels on train 2 and looking at the sensors. They did finish the work but as the park was very busy they would have had to close the ride for about half hour to a hour so they could test the train then it would have to be run in for so many hours before guests could go on it again so they either did this after all guests had been on or waited to early Monday morning.

Back