Gold Rush (New for 2024)

We've had very little luck with this ride. We watched the construction of this ride right from the day Apocalypse closed, even visiting on zoo only days in January to get a glimpse of the construction (we live about 45mins away, so it's not right on the doorstep).

We were unable to ride opening weekend as we were all away on an already arranged holiday, to say the kids were disappointed was on understatement! Coupled with my son getting really poorly whilst on holiday meaning he was unable to ride rollercoasters for a few weeks.

Anyway, we've been back 3 times on our passes since he's been well enough & the ride has never been open for park opening time (is this the case everyday, or are we just unlucky?). 1st visit the ride briefly opened, only for it to close pretty quick & we didn't wait around to try riding again as we had to be home for football training. 2nd visit on a Saturday for late night riding, the ride eventually opened at 5pm. We did get our 1st ride & found it enjoyable but was frustrating to not get on until around 6ish! 3rd visit (today the ride again opened late at around 1pm. We managed to get on pretty quick, only for us to take our seats & it break down again. We did eventually get to ride after a 10min wait, but it did take away from.the experience.

I can't knock the park on the ride, it is a perfect family coaster that is themed brilliantly & arguably the best in the country. The ride is fun, packs a bit of a punch & the kids do love it.

I just fear that they don't know how to operate it to it's full potential. Rollercoasters always have teething problems but late opening every time we visit & dispatch times are shockingly slow makes me worry that they don't really know what they're doing with the ride.

Hoping to see a vast improvement in the coming weeks for this coaster & operations across the park improve in the coming weeks/months.

New signage
IMG_4602.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg

Behind the scenes

IMG_4601.jpeg
IMG_4600.jpeg

Row numbers had been installed by last weekend but forgot to take a picture

IMG_4609.jpeg

Paid a visit after school yesterday and everything was walk on / stay on.

So we did Gold rush 3 times straight (then went and did the same on the wave) and we finally got to do cycle 2!! Woo!

Want to see if we can do cycle two from the front row now.

Paid a visit after school yesterday and everything was walk on / stay on.

So we did Gold rush 3 times straight (then went and did the same on the wave) and we finally got to do cycle 2!! Woo!

Want to see if we can do cycle two from the front row now.
Which cycle did you prefer? :)

Which cycle did you prefer? :)
Well cycle 2. Although having always been on cycle one 1 we defaulted to the back row, which (spoilers alert) doesn't give you the greatest drop time as per normal.

Has anyone timed the cycles? I presume 2 is longer.

Little Lad is definite that cycle 2 is better. He was screaming it on the way round the first time we did it.

Had another afterschool trip today, park was a little buiser but still never had to wait and was able to stay on. The wave was basically sit where you want.

I think we prefer cycle 1 but sitting on front row on either cycle is brill. Especially the 2nd launch scene. The smoke effect is so good that you can't see the other end when you head in. It definitely adds to the experience

Back