Gold Rush (New for 2024)

32B417C3-A4AF-4F93-BF56-91649EFFFFFD.jpeg

Little look at the construction walls

Anyone ready for a conspiracy theory about the new ride?

It's completely spurious and has no evidential basis whatsoever but it may provide a further topic for discussion and its all your if this post gets five likes.

Ok... four likes.
Apologies, after posting this every thing in the world went a bit bonkers.

I can't remember what the theory I referred to was now. I will keep racking my brain.

However I have an alternative one.

I noted the significant number of similariites in the ride an attractions offering between DMR and Emerald Park in Ireland. I noticed that they opened (albeit 8 years ago) a wooden coaster. https://www.emeraldpark.ie/attraction/the-cu-chulainn-coaster/

Thinking this could theme very nicely into Vikings.

Apologies, after posting this every thing in the world went a bit bonkers.

I can't remember what the theory I referred to was now. I will keep racking my brain.

However I have an alternative one.

I noted the significant number of similariites in the ride an attractions offering between DMR and Emerald Park in Ireland. I noticed that they opened (albeit 8 years ago) a wooden coaster. https://www.emeraldpark.ie/attraction/the-cu-chulainn-coaster/

Thinking this could theme very nicely into Vikings.
Yes good idea.

I just thought of something. What if the new coaster is going to be a Vikings themed ride. It would be an extension to Vikings and it would introduce two new rides to the area the new coaster and flying Dutchman. This would also explain the details on the walls around it with them been Vikings themed colours and I don't know about you guys but in my opinion this could be a possibility and flying Dutchman could be repainted Vikings themed with the carts being Vikings boats. It would be good for the area and introduce a extension to the area. Witch would be fun. Do you guys think this could be a possibility?

I just thought of something. What if the new coaster is going to be a Vikings themed ride. It would be an extension to Vikings and it would introduce two new rides to the area the new coaster and flying Dutchman. This would also explain the details on the walls around it with them been Vikings themed colours and I don't know about you guys but in my opinion this could be a possibility and flying Dutchman could be repainted Vikings themed with the carts being Vikings boats. It would be good for the area and introduce a extension to the area. Witch would be fun. Do you guys think this could be a possibility?
I think Flying Dutchman being re-themed to Vikings is very likely. However, I don’t know if Drayton will theme the new coaster to Vikings, I think they want everything to be a part of a themed area so extending one we already have which was built 2 years prior to the coaster opening isn’t very likely because they could do a new themed area.

I don't think it's a Viking's extension. Vikings is well contained and if it expands it will expand the other way instead of further into the park.

Vikings doesn't feel like it needs another coaster personally. I think it's pretty solid as a zone.

The colours are actually the entrance colours as we see the same colour scheme on the entrance bridge on the lower half of the park :)

Vikings has roughly this much area to built a new ride.
23C075DD-30EB-48FC-A50B-046CC0BA8DC6.png

That rumoured S&S 4D coaster could easily fit in this area and they could use the former cafe as part of the queue line/ pre show.

This will be a new area which is rumoured to be a Wild West area.

Going off topic slightly, but I do feel the park needs to start pushing/advertising their new coaster soon. Yes, there's not really any major construction going on but we are entering the busiest time of the year for the park (late night riding, school trips, summer holidays), seems like an easy way to start plugging a "new coaster experience coming 2024" all over the park and on maps, etc.

Also, from an enthusiasts pov, it would be nice to start getting some hints as to what to expect & get the community talking & excited!

I must admit I am starting to get a bit impatient, I can’t wait for building to begin so we might get at least some sort of hint as to who the manufacturer is, I have all sorts of mad ideas floating around my head and I need them to stop

Vikings has roughly this much area to built a new ride.
View attachment 4173
That rumoured S&S 4D coaster could easily fit in this area and they could use the former cafe as part of the queue line/ pre show.

This will be a new area which is rumoured to be a Wild West area.
Wild west area sounds reasonable with Sheriffs Showdown nearby and a potential hint a few people have mentioned on Twitter.

It was said that there was a hint in the wording on the posters... "Ay you' strikes me as an interesting choice of wording and looks like it's also been on the minds of a few others....
"Ay you" sounds a bit like AU which is the periodic table symbol for Gold.

^ its a thought I had and a few others are also saying it now too.

They will start the coaster campaign around January as they want to keep it a secret as long as possible and I was told footers will be going in over the summer months with track starting to go up after the main season has finished with only visitors to the Christmas event seeing track installation but they can keep the train design a secret to the testing begins .

"Ay you" sounds a bit like AU which is the periodic table symbol for Gold.

^ its a thought I had and a few others are also saying it now too.
I thought it referred to "Ay up" and the new area was going to the be northern themed. Part of the zoo is going to be renamed Emmerdale Farm. The queue line for the new coaster is going to be cobbled. And there is a new flat (cap) ride in the offing too.

I thought it referred to "Ay up" and the new area was going to the be northern themed. Part of the zoo is going to be renamed Emmerdale Farm. The queue line for the new coaster is going to be cobbled. And there is a new flat (cap) ride in the offing too.
I can't tell if the emmadale farm bits a joke or not haha

Back