Gold Rush (New for 2024)

Sounds like it will be a new area that will include multiple rides.
I had a look at this when ws waiting for the little lad to queue for the submarine spalsh, did I miss something but it just looked like a rehash of the Birmingham mail story from a few months back?

I had a look at this when ws waiting for the little lad to queue for the submarine spalsh, did I miss something but it just looked like a rehash of the Birmingham mail story from a few months back?
It's the Sun. They are just shaking a dead corpse for headlines on a slow news day. There is nothing new in there.

Think they gonna get footer delivery soon.
096E863D-0E88-468F-B6E0-705D13B61243.jpeg
65B5BB30-A4C9-4857-AF2D-3EA8209A7180.jpeg
E4CC99AE-A254-4376-BDBE-38E3C731B6F5.jpeg

Do you have think that they will remove Sheriff Showdown, Haunting etc to make space for these “new developments”?
They won't be removed - There is quite a footprint there where the construction site stands at the moment which they could fit a few rides in as well as a coaster (As we all know, Drayton has a lot of small footprint coasters, I would guess this one to be similar too )

This morning a news article has been released by Blooloop which has revealed the manufacturer and coaster type!

Looks like we will be seeing an Intamin Lift and Launch coaster.

What do you think?
Still no mentions of a confirmed theme at this time.

Should be a good fit for the park. I won’t lie, I was hoping for an inversion or two, but that seems unlikely. I still think this could be great fun, and one of those where it’s more forceful than it looks. Hopefully it’ll have a good layout with a decent length, and a good level of theming to make it a complete experience.

It's an Intamin, that means it is going to break a lot. There coasters do not have the best reliability, while also breaking for the most obscure things... That's the only issue I have with the manufacturer, their coaster realiblity overall is average. But they are a decent manufacturer non the less and their rides are great to ride. So it gets a thumbs up from me. Being just a lift and a launch, hopefully will minimise what can go wrong, pushing reliability up.

This should have decent throughput too, Intamin build that into their rides from the ground up.

Good addition overall I think, that video is the ride model Drayton are getting. I feel this is the type of attraction is where theming will make or the experience . There was no way there was going to be an inversion from when they announced it was going to be a family thrill ride all that time ago.

Exciting times ahead. This is where I feel fortunate to live within walking distance of the park. So I can nip down and check on construction progress where there are decent updates.

Last edited:
Should be a good fit for the park. I won’t lie, I was hoping for an inversion or two, but that seems unlikely. I still think this could be great fun, and one of those where it’s more forceful than it looks. Hopefully it’ll have a good layout with a decent length, and a good level of theming to make it a complete experience.
I was hoping for some inversions too as over at Chessington they recently opened World of Jumanji and the coaster there has an inversion (technically 2) and it is still doing good for the park.

I was hoping for some inversions too as over at Chessington they recently opened World of Jumanji and the coaster there has an inversion (technically 2) and it is still doing good for the park.

Good point actually. I did not think of that.

Back