[2023/2024 Event] Viking Festival

It was the 2nd one, can’t remember where it was supposed to be. There’s one on the fence by Walhalla but I think there’s meant to be another one by Slepinir that I couldn’t find.
We located all of the letters . The first one was by the fence between Walhalla and slepnia , the second one was on a planter box near the power box for buffalo, third one was on a fence near the buffalo entrance ,fourth one was at the back of Loki ,fifth one was past the archway for Thor and the last one was near the throne.

We located all of the letters . The first one was by the fence between Walhalla and slepnia , the second one was on a planter box near the power box for buffalo, third one was on a fence near the buffalo entrance ,fourth one was at the back of Loki ,fifth one was past the archway for Thor and the last one was near the throne.
What did u get?

The Vikings Festival returns from the 7th of September
It looks mostly unchanged from last year - but I reckon Lory will now be in the show.

I would love to see Lory in an authentic Viking dress (but I don't think I will ever see that - I might draw it!)

The Vikings Festival returns from the 7th of September
It looks mostly unchanged from last year - but I reckon Lory will now be in the show.

I would love to see Lory in an authentic Viking dress (but I don't think I will ever see that - I might draw it!)

I’m hoping for Rory and Lory to be in a Viking outfit! Would be really cool, I didn’t expect them to have western outfits, and they look quite expensive too. But hopefully they have one! Also speaking about Vikings Festival, next year do you think we will see a Western Event?

I’m hoping for Rory and Lory to be in a Viking outfit! Would be really cool, I didn’t expect them to have western outfits, and they look quite expensive too. But hopefully they have one! Also speaking about Vikings Festival, next year do you think we will see a Western Event?
They might get some accessories like how Rory had a viking hat & cloak
(I would love to see a full outfit but lets see what happens)

A Cowboy/Western event could be good fun to see. Over Easter or something like that maybe.
Or even... Cowboys VS Vikings as an event! (Could have team games / challenges etc with Rory & Lory as team captains)
Would love to see the event lineup be refreshed for next year.

They might get some accessories like how Rory had a viking hat & cloak
(I would love to see a full outfit but lets see what happens)

A Cowboy/Western event could be good fun to see. Over Easter or something like that maybe.
Or even... Cowboys VS Vikings as an event! (Could have team games / challenges etc with Rory & Lory as team captains)
Would love to see the event lineup be refreshed for next year.
Yeah, this year so far with events seem a bit dry, especially Fiestival, that was terrible in my opinion. Last years Fiestival was WAY better

There's a lot more that you can do with a Western Event.

For example a shoot out is a show stopper.

Whereas the pillaging of a Northumbian Monastery is just a bit grim.

Shootout style interactive games and so much more.

I know Blackgang Chine do a Dinosaurs VS Cowboys event - so a crossover event could be really fun

It felt a bit non-existant. Rory and Lory dressed as Vikings with slightly tweaked shows.

A trail that was the same as last year, with the same answer and sticker prize.

Some comedy vikings dressed up. Last year I’m sure they had fire eaters etc?

Was a quiet day though!

I think they should have replaced the Vikings festival for a cowboy showdown event instead. For the media opening event with the live band, staff dressed as cowboys and the actors they hired for the event was top notch. Having just them 2 roaming actors and Rory and Lory they do a great job entertaining the kids but think it needs more.
I hope to get to the park on Saturday afternoon as it’s closed for a private event on the Sunday.

It felt a bit non-existant. Rory and Lory dressed as Vikings with slightly tweaked shows.

Was a quiet day though!
Did they have themed food or is it just the hot dogs ? I think the theme this year seems to be do very little for each “event”. I’m wondering did they not budget for the events and then though , we need to do this.

Was a quiet day though!
They were advertising the fire eaters this year. Strange they aren't doing what they advertised. Planning to go last weekend of the month.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240909-084020.png
    Screenshot_20240909-084020.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
The Fire Show with fire eaters and more happened 3 times a day (This is advertised on the boards and takes place at 1, 3 and 5 in the Vikings area) - I watched the show twice on Saturday.

I'm a big fan of Lory's viking outfit - its very cute.

Do wish the trail had changed a bit - it was the same trail & answer as last time with the same reward, it is however nice for the children.

I liked the event but I do feel like it is more of a "mini" event than anything as it doesn't really impact the day and is something you can easily avoid/miss. Very much identical to the previous year.

We have a full vlog coming to the DT channel this week

Back