Future beyond 2024

I think some of the busy-ness in the park at the moment has been down to some of the offers on - 2 for 1 entry on Wowcher, free return visits, now 4 for £99. This brings people in but you then rely on them spending more when they are there.

The queue for Fun Food as an example looks shorter than previous years and over the weekend, I’d never seen so many families picnicking in the car park.

Busy parks will not always equal more business success. Paultons never really offers discounts and is always busy. Drayton often has quiet days at the weekend.

I think they need to focus on parkwide presentation, as it makes them look like amateurs and it does lack quite a bit at Drayton.

A good example of what I mean being Falls Theatre. When delivering the messages at the start, you've usually got some half arsed, difficult to hear staff member, trying to shout across the crowd, to tell them about raising hands if there is an issue etc. Always delivered inconsistently depending who's on. Completly breaking any immersion into the theme they may have tried to create.

It's not difficult to record a themed voice that speaks what the staff member is repeating for the 30th time that day, the sound system is already in place. Such an easy thing to do, helps deliver a more professional presentation, that is clearer to hear, understand and holds the immersion of the theme. You can do the same for River Rapids. Storm Force 10 etc.

I really don't know why they don't, the big parks like Disney, Merlin etc, deliver announcements this way for a reason. They are easy to create, deliver announcements and safety information clearly through a PA, consistently every time, usually themed to upload the attractions theme and don't rely on a staff member who wants to go home shouting at a crowd of people.

Such quick and easy wins with a huge impact. Aside from parkwide presentation. Pirates and Excalibur would be the next logical areas for re development.

Would love a dark ride, the park really needs one. An anchor attraction of any family theme park.

I think they need to focus on parkwide presentation, as it makes them look like amateurs and it does lack quite a bit at Drayton.

A good example of what I mean being Falls Theatre. When delivering the messages at the start, you've usually got some half arsed, difficult to hear staff member, trying to shout across the crowd, to tell them about raising hands if there is an issue etc. Always delivered inconsistently depending who's on. Completly breaking any immersion into the theme they may have tried to create.

It's not difficult to record a themed voice that speaks what the staff member is repeating for the 30th time that day, the sound system is already in place. Such an easy thing to do, helps deliver a more professional presentation, that is clearer to hear, understand and holds the immersion of the theme. You can do the same for River Rapids. Storm Force 10 etc.

I really don't know why they don't, the big parks like Disney, Merlin etc, deliver announcements this way for a reason. They are easy to create, deliver announcements and safety information clearly through a PA, consistently every time, usually themed to upload the attractions theme and don't rely on a staff member who wants to go home shouting at a crowd of people.
Would be worth posting that on the suggestions thread. I'd also add its a great opportunity of they used the Rory voice to deliver it as it helps sell that "brand" too.

Back