Future Rides and Attraction Ideas

I don’t think it will happen anytime soon as I looked at that drawing and that water park was gonna go here with the lodges at the bottom which is planned to go in for 2026.
IMG_4583.png

They would have to apply for planning permission again to move the caravan park again which would have to be moved to the Vikings car park.
This was a plan the Bryan’s submitted to the council about 10 years ago

IMG_0341.png

A) Is a extension to the restaurant

B) must be for a entertainment area within the hotel.

C) Multiple storey car park on the hotel extension car park 4 levels

D) Veranda around the side of the hotel

E) Hotel Hamilton they submitted plans 11 years ago have 85 more rooms
This could explain why that top entrance was closed off and the grill restaurant has never reopened as it’s been planned to be removed with also the towers suite as that’s really dated.,

F) This is where current lodges and the caravan park was built

G) Is plans to built a new car park on land that is a natural walk.
IMG_4585.png

IMG_4586.png

This was the car park for it

IMG_4587.png

H) Zoo refit the Bryan’s had big plans for the zoo

IMG_0411.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg
IMG_0414.jpeg
IMG_0415.jpeg
I do hope the looping group do look at the zoo as it’s in a very bad state.

) Staff housing think this is this building here which is listed and had a lot of work done to it in 2021

IMG_4588.png

J) Family care and Creche not sure if that’s an area backstage behind them gated door at the top end of the park or it hasn’t been built.

K Expansion of the theme park which is where the Vikings area is now

L) Thomas land expansion which opened in 2015 and was finished off last year with the new ride taking the last bit of land
The car park was also worked on as the expansion took a lot of the car park away.

M) New means of transport to get to the farm area. I do think that’s the raised walk ways that was planned for this year but could still get built in the future

N) Park lodges this is where the 2026 plannned lodges will go

O) solar farm the park has been going greener with lights been upgraded to LED’s and waste been sorted out so wouldn’t surprise me in the future this does get installed as with Electric cars only been made in the future they will soon have to offer charging stations.

P Future lodge expansion they currently don’t own this land but they may buy it.

The looping group own everything within the red line with the green line been green belt land.
The purple line allows the park and surrounding buildings to build without planning permission. The Vikings area was granted in 2020 which is the reason it’s not on that map.

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0413.jpeg
    IMG_0413.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
The plans for the zoo actually look really nice! It's a shame they never went through.

I think the zoo has so much underutilised potential and considering the park now do zoo only days it would make sense for a major refurbishment to take place.

I don’t think it will happen anytime soon as I looked at that drawing and that water park was gonna go here with the lodges at the bottom which is planned to go in for 2026.
View attachment 6691
They would have to apply for planning permission again to move the caravan park again which would have to be moved to the Vikings car park.
This was a plan the Bryan’s submitted to the council about 10 years ago

View attachment 6692
A) Is a extension to the restaurant

B) must be for a entertainment area within the hotel.

C) Multiple storey car park on the hotel extension car park 4 levels

D) Veranda around the side of the hotel

E) Hotel Hamilton they submitted plans 11 years ago have 85 more rooms
This could explain why that top entrance was closed off and the grill restaurant has never reopened as it’s been planned to be removed with also the towers suite as that’s really dated.,

F) This is where current lodges and the caravan park was built

G) Is plans to built a new car park on land that is a natural walk.
View attachment 6693

View attachment 6694
This was the car park for it

View attachment 6695

H) Zoo refit the Bryan’s had big plans for the zoo

View attachment 6696View attachment 6698View attachment 6700View attachment 6701I do hope the looping group do look at the zoo as it’s in a very bad state.

) Staff housing think this is this building here which is listed and had a lot of work done to it in 2021

View attachment 6702

J) Family care and Creche not sure if that’s an area backstage behind them gated door at the top end of the park or it hasn’t been built.

K Expansion of the theme park which is where the Vikings area is now

L) Thomas land expansion which opened in 2015 and was finished off last year with the new ride taking the last bit of land
The car park was also worked on as the expansion took a lot of the car park away.

M) New means of transport to get to the farm area. I do think that’s the raised walk ways that was planned for this year but could still get built in the future

N) Park lodges this is where the 2026 plannned lodges will go

O) solar farm the park has been going greener with lights been upgraded to LED’s and waste been sorted out so wouldn’t surprise me in the future this does get installed as with Electric cars only been made in the future they will soon have to offer charging stations.

P Future lodge expansion they currently don’t own this land but they may buy it.

The looping group own everything within the red line with the green line been green belt land.
The purple line allows the park and surrounding buildings to build without planning permission. The Vikings area was granted in 2020 which is the reason it’s not on that map.
So everything within the red line? Drayton could be GIANT.!

If you go past the hotel, turn left into the Vikings car park then before you go into the parking bays turn left and that’s the caravan club and they at the bottom end of that field.
Do you think that will still be the caravan area in 2026? And do you also think those chalets could be used?? And when do you think or if we do when do you think we will see the water park? Planning to make a video about it. :)

Do you think that will still be the caravan area in 2026? And do you also think those chalets could be used?? And when do you think or if we do when do you think we will see the water park? Planning to make a video about it. :)
The waterpark was a scrapped plan from years ago. Whilst it would be incredible to see it happen, I doubt it ever will. Drayton is a very different park to what it was when the Bryan's owned it, and whether that's a good or bad thing is up to your own opinion.

Quite clearly looping group is part way through a transformation plan for the park and I can see the next two phases being pirate area and possible Thomas land expansion, then the lake area around by the zoo. Add zoo improvements I hope they focus on these. I can see them doing the lodges but as I live local won't stay in them.

I'd like to see more done with the bottom of the zoo possibly with shows like those at Pleasurewood Hills and WMSP. The zoo clearly needs some improvements.

I think the park really needs 2 new entrances.
Like at Alton your greeted with the legend of the famous corkscrews after getting off the monorail or walking from the car parks.
Even at Paulton’s your greeted with a dome with the park name on and an excellent water display.
The entrance area really needs moderation with all the pay kiosks and the ticket collection been removed. The building on the right have to stay as there offices, security and the rental shop but the outside needs moderating.
The Entrance archway and the former Annual pass shop can go with just the toilet block staying but designed to suit the new entrance.
Where the old AP building is would be a new ticket kiosk with a new entrance archway with more entrance gates so the queue to get in wouldn’t be so bad in the mornings.
The Viking entrance didn’t need much but the ticket kiosk and the entrance really needs to be Viking themed as it is called Vikings car park.

I think very unlikely considering Looping Group are looking more at the internal park at this moment in time :)

I think very unlikely considering Looping Group are looking more at the internal park at this moment in time :)
I think we could see a water park when the park has finished it’s giant investments keeping the park all up to standards, then I think we will see the water park and maybe the Hamilton Hotel, kinda like a water park hotel like Alton Towers has, obviously on a smaller scale.

Back