2024: General Discussion

Probably change as time goes on. Depends on what the contract says as Elise says. Mattel will obviously push the latest branding. Hopefully they will look at the commercial side of things and costs involved in changing. I would be surprised if they don't want DM to continue. I think it will be beneficial both ways to continue and expand the offering.

Probably change as time goes on. Depends on what the contract says as Elise says. Mattel will obviously push the latest branding. Hopefully they will look at the commercial side of things and costs involved in changing. I would be surprised if they don't want DM to continue. I think it will be beneficial both ways to continue and expand the offering.
My best guess is ethier an aeg area or some changes to rides but not all. I'd personally choose a themed area of aeg so there's areas for both fans

Loving the new restaurant as the old design was really dated 9 years ago when it 1st opened.
Nice touches around the park
9079965F-D220-4D40-B8FF-03A369734E26.jpeg
BE1A8DD2-7855-4C48-890F-1585B95FDC9C.jpeg
B86B79B0-3C31-4D5D-A0C5-F3728CCBA664.jpeg

The Frozen slushes booth has gone
4B3FCE97-8199-47B6-870E-DA930BC7371C.jpeg

Reactions: Dan
an all new sign out by the Vikings entrance AND they painted the sign above the vikings shop so it's readable

Attachments

• PXL_20240210_105917791.jpg
    PXL_20240210_105917791.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 94
  • PXL_20240210_163143671.jpg
    PXL_20240210_163143671.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 89
If Drayton & Mattel don't renew the contract - the whole area will go.

Mattel will call the shots on if they want an AEG retheme over the park or not :) they own the IP
I don't think Mattel will want Thomas Land fully themed to AEG as they have said before that the original CGI series could return sometime in 2025/26. I think having 1/2 rides themed to AEG will probably be enough.

Little man wants to get the ladies in customer services a little gift. I know the lady with brown hair is called Sam but I don’t remember what the lady with black hair is called. She’s an older lady, does anyone know her name ?

Found out yesterday Danielle Nicholls and some of her team have left and gone to Alton Towers.
That's sad they were the best team workers ever

Found out yesterday Danielle Nicholls and some of her team have left and gone to Alton Towers.
It’s a shame about the marketing and maintenance staff but not surprising. Towers pay peanuts but Drayton even less.
When engineering positions have been advertised the pay is below my, albeit higher level, retail position. Even management positions would be a pay cut.
Looping are investing well in development but they need seriously fix staffing levels / retention along the whole park going forward

There seemed to be a lot of doubling up from staff today as more experienced members were training new staff. So that’s a good start - just got to keep them.

To be fair - the social media team were good at hype but v bad at replying to customers on Social Media!

It is a shame to lose folks like Danielle, but what a fantastic opportunity for someone that role is.

Again there were lots of staff being trained by some well known members of staff.

Back