Accelerator

Hmm. This is on Accelerator’s wall:

IMG_4901.jpeg

When I visited the park on Sunday 12th May it was open fine in the morning, but before I queued up for it, at the front of the queue we were told there would be a 30 minute delay due to technical difficulties. I decided to leave the queue as I didn't want to wait for that long and thought I would just ride it later.

After lunch I gave it another go as it was now running with people on it, only to get to the front and be told there were more technical difficulties! I did get to ride it in the end before I left for the day, but hopefully this issue can be fixed as the ride seems very unreliable in this current state.

Accelerator was back open by today (probably been open for a few days but this was my first time on park since the breakdown we saw)

No issues from what I saw today

Experimental electricity inventor with a potential hint of steampunk but not fully steampunk is my guess.

It will probably take the rest of this season to finish the rides new visual look with a lot of the inner work done during closed season (unless they close the ride)

Staff have told me it’s going down after the firework event and it won’t reopen to the start of the main season so they have a full 4 months to do this and remove the Flying Dutchman.

That would make sense as it's a less busy time and time to focus on that interior..
Hoping for some really cool retheme inside there.

We may even get a new zero car on the front.

Staff have told me it’s going down after the firework event and it won’t reopen to the start of the main season so they have a full 4 months to do this and remove the Flying Dutchman.

Do we know if they are moving the flying dutchman to a new location in Vikings? Be interesting to see what they do with the queue lines. Be good to hear a few sparks and lights on electricity. Perhaps some fake gas lamps also

Do we know if they are moving the flying dutchman to a new location in Vikings? Be interesting to see what they do with the queue lines. Be good to hear a few sparks and lights on electricity. Perhaps some fake gas lamps also
I feel like it would work in that area by Slepnir. Moving it there is my personal guess and one which will make sense more

I would hope the queue gets a bit of a theming element - im thinking a big generator or tesla maybe ...

I feel like it would work in that area by Slepnir. Moving it there is my personal guess and one which will make sense more

I would hope the queue gets a bit of a theming element - im thinking a big generator or tesla maybe ...
Theres a fair amount that could be done with a bot of imagination. Theres enough room round the one bend to allow for a little science show. It'd only need to be a five minute loop and there are quite few things that are audience and kid firendly with magnitics and static electricity which would keep on theme.

This would probably never happen, but imagine Accelerator being themed to Back To The Future 3. It would fit in perfectly with both the time travel and western themes in Frontier Falls. The only issue would be that Universal have the rights to the film and their own ride, so they probably wouldn't be willing to license for any amount of money Drayton could offer.

Back