Accelerator

This would probably never happen, but imagine Accelerator being themed to Back To The Future 3. It would fit in perfectly with both the time travel and western themes in Frontier Falls. The only issue would be that Universal have the rights to the film and their own ride, so they probably wouldn't be willing to license for any amount of money Drayton could offer.
Im sure a non-licenced version could be possible but a licenced version would definitely be off the cards with Universal (Maybe for Universal UK eh!)

Im sure a non-licenced version could be possible but a licenced version would definitely be off the cards with Universal (Maybe for Universal UK eh!)
By non-licensed version are you suggesting they use a Ford Fiesta instead of the Delorean? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Being serious though I think we will most likely see a Back To The Future ride of some sorts at Universal UK. (sorry for off topic)

This would probably never happen, but imagine Accelerator being themed to Back To The Future 3. It would fit in perfectly with both the time travel and western themes in Frontier Falls. The only issue would be that Universal have the rights to the film and their own ride, so they probably wouldn't be willing to license for any amount of money Drayton could offer.
This would be amazing. I do think the park have a big struggle ahead to theme both accelerator and the haunting into the newly themed land.

This would be amazing. I do think the park have a big struggle ahead to theme both accelerator and the haunting into the newly themed land.
I trust they will get it right :)
There are plans on the horizon (I do not know them but I know there are plans)

I think they will go down the route of electric as it wouldn't take as much to retheme and keep the cost to a minimium. Back to the future would be expensive due to IP. The green track company may be a clue?

Yeah, accelerator does stick out like a sore thumb. I get why people want to see that rethemed, but The Haunting? The ride is nearly 30 years old, so seeing them retheme a ride that's been quite a cult classic at the age with such popularity would seem weird. I really hope they keep it, especially with Doctor X back now. From seeing the video for Goldrush in the queue, I don't think the park has any chance of topping the original Preshow video or audio in The Haunting as a whole. Besides the 'Gateway to The Haunting' sign does look like they're planning to keep it, but push the original theme back a bit so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. The original Haunting theme stays, and it doesn't interfere with the new themed area. Win, win!

For accelerator, I do hope if it will be rethemed it'll have a strampunk/tesla coil look, maybe keep most of the indoor queue but remove the modern cars and repaint the theming to look like brass? Accelerators queue is still one of the best themed in the country, so it'd be sad to see it replaced by just wood. Anyone remember the infinite corridor illusion the ride had when it was Ben 10? I'd love to see something like that back in the ride, something illusion based.

Last edited:
The ride is developing - I hope that the interior remains well themed when they redo that part.

Attachments

• accelerator.PNG
    accelerator.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 79
Accelerator has been shut the last two days with the train looking a little forlorn in the station when you are peering down whilst awaiting gold rush to pull into its termius.

There was a man in there today though, not sure what the issue is.

They were doing some work in the station and testing a little on Saturday. From what I could see, it was work on the initial drawback section and the station itself.
Watched them run the lower hill cylinders and floor a few times*

Looks like an issue in/around there.

*I am not technical, this is not the right terms.

Back