Archives DMP

Originally before Thomas land was installed it was just a shell of a building and the 4D cinema was originally gonna be built in there
They could have had a pirate themed 4d film? Ideal.. the original rides at Drayton manor were travelling rides weren’t they. So I’m assuming the ghost train was as such just permanently left in place? Or was it a permanent structure? I do remember the outside changing after the pirate adventure was built though.

They could have had a pirate themed 4d film? Ideal.. the original rides at Drayton manor were travelling rides weren’t they. So I’m assuming the ghost train was as such just permanently left in place? Or was it a permanent structure? I do remember the outside changing after the pirate adventure was built though.
This was it in it’s original form when it was built in 1978
IMG_4233.jpeg
Then when pirate adventure opened in 1990 it stayed the same to the end of the 1991 season and then pirate cove was created and was renamed the crypt

IMG_4235.jpeg

The show building

IMG_4234.jpeg

It was left like this for a couple of years to the Bryan’s put walls up and themed the building to fit into Pirate cove and it stayed like this with the building used for storage to the end of the 2007 season then Emily play area was built and the building was not touched again to the closed season of 2012 when Winston’s station and queue line was built in front of it.

Attachments

• IMG_4234.jpeg
    IMG_4234.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 57
Im sure they did run the Pirates 4d show for a while in the 4D cinema
(Someone please correct me if I am wrong)

This was it in it’s original form when it was built in 1978
View attachment 6319
Then when pirate adventure opened in 1990 it stayed the same to the end of the 1991 season and then pirate cove was created and was renamed the crypt

View attachment 6321
The show building

View attachment 6322
It was left like this for a couple of years to the Bryan’s put walls up and themed the building to fit into Pirate cove and it stayed like this with the building used for storage to the end of the 2007 season then Emily play area was built and the building was not touched again to the closed season of 2012 when Winston’s station and queue line was built in front of it.
I remember the crypt, not so much the original ghost train. Interesting how the replacement building looks like it’s attached to the same structure as the pirate adventure, rather than just being butted up along side. Shame so much of the original surround to the pirate adventure was hidden away behind new building works. Also noticed what looks like a lot of trees around the original ghost train, makes it look a bit rural

I think I just stumbled across the music Apocalypse used when it opened in 2000, do correct me if I'm wrong. It's called Declamation, composed by Chris Payne.

Last edited:
Back