Pirate Adventure

They still have some themeing on the Thomas land shop building

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716_114027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240716_114027_Chrome.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 58

Not to get people’s hopes up…
At this stage it’s probably nothing more then making safe the internals but if nothing you gotta believe, right?
Perhaps its happening after all. The fact that it might be coming back is so exciting but it might not happen so we shouldn't get exicited but if it is then good luck to the park hopefully they bring it back to how it was when it first opened

I hate to be that person, but it looks like storage to me at the moment. (Event stuff / flooring)

I do believe it will be the next major investment spot, but that may not be for a few years.

I think Pirate adventure will be like primark in Tamworth. No plans to open, definitely not happens then it suddenly is announced as coming soon! Although a lot of construction work is needed.

If the ride been left drained since 2015 then really just needs new motors and pumps as they were at there end of there life and a chain. If Mack can make the original boats again then if the system works no problem then it’s just theming it inside. The queue line looks still in. Good Nick.

I personally don’t see the animatronics at Pirate Adventure returning, even Merlin Parks don’t use loads of animatronics because of the reason of the cost of the upkeep. An odd animatronic is rare in itself. But, Drayton still use animatronics for Sheriff Showdown so that is pretty cool, but with pirate adventure with the amount on animatronics they would need to be doing regular repairs in closed season. And they would also have to buy NEW animatronics as i’m pretty sure the other animatronics were sold in the auction.

To be fair, the Animatronics in Pirate Adventure were stupidly simply, even by the 1990s. I think there was only one proper animatronic, that being the Pirate Captain in the Ship who could move his mouth. The rest had very simple movement, such as moving an arm, heads moving left and right, etc. I think they were pneumatic powered too, so quite robust and more reliable than modern electric motor ones. Some of them were simple figures stuck on pneumatic cylinders, like the Pirate that would try and get the woman with the broom. Quite obviously just a figure on a stick.

40 simple animatronics from Pirate Adventure would most likely be a lot easier to maintain than 10 highly complex and advanced ones, especially in a moist environment that of a water ride.

One thing I do worry though if they want to bring it back is that the new scenes would be really generic, realistic looking to it with the figures looking like something from Madame Tussauds. The original scenery and figures had a very cartoony-like look and feel to them intentionally with their caricature expressions. Maybe they could get former Space Leisure members to help with bringing back the original style and flair the ride had.

I personally don’t see the animatronics at Pirate Adventure returning, even Merlin Parks don’t use loads of animatronics because of the reason of the cost of the upkeep. An odd animatronic is rare in itself. But, Drayton still use animatronics for Sheriff Showdown so that is pretty cool, but with pirate adventure with the amount on animatronics they would need to be doing regular repairs in closed season. And they would also have to buy NEW animatronics as i’m pretty sure the other animatronics were sold in the auction.
I was at that auction and only the animatronics that didn’t work was sold. I know staff brought some of the figures with the heads of the pirates also sold so the figures main frame must still be in storage in the building. Looking at the Auction book it shows that scenes have been stripped back to there original frames so the looping group got a blank canvas to work with and I know the Bryan’s spend 3 million on the ride which is worth £8545545.35 now so with the building already there and if the ride system works then I reckon 5 million will give u a good themed dark ride.

I was at that auction and only the animatronics that didn’t work was sold. I know staff brought some of the figures with the heads of the pirates also sold so the figures main frame must still be in storage in the building. Looking at the Auction book it shows that scenes have been stripped back to there original frames so the looping group got a blank canvas to work with and I know the Bryan’s spend 3 million on the ride which is worth £8545545.35 now so with the building already there and if the ride system works then I reckon 5 million will give u a good themed dark ride.
Didn’t they spend 1m on the new coaster? And that was the biggest investment in years. So if that was the cost of pirate adventure don’t expect it for many years yet

Back