Ride Lifetime

I also think the Dodgems, Especially if they are going to be redoing the pirate area next, With potential rework needed to the building would make sense to remove the dodgems, I think Flying Dutchman may get moved and pirate themed and integrated in to the new area. It's not a complicated ride so even if "original" parts are not available I imagine alot are just generic parts which could be gathered quite easily.

Air Race could be a good shout, though isn't that old so even though it wasn't put in by looping group I imagine there would have to be a large justification to get rid of it if in general terms its quite new and not high running costs, It just doesn't fit in the area, though it is a very poor utilisation of space,

Full disclosure, I also forgot the Dodgems were there.
Dodgems may move on if/when the Pirate area gets a refurbishment (Next major investment is my guess)

Air Race would be likely to be sold on to another park as its still very fresh. (but then again, any ideas who could buy that in the UK? Could fit in at Pleasure Beach maybe?)

I didn't realise until going on Gold Rush just how close Buffalo / Jormusgerhaiuehlhrsfnhs is. But that kind of shows just how little we ride on it now. It also seems to have a much larger queue / excitement ratio to make us consider it. Which is a shame as it was one of our favourite rides when we first started visiting the park.

Whilst it is getting slower and slower that doesn't really matter though as it fits with the family thrill appeal.

I'd pay to help demolish air race. But like mentoned above my little lad loves it and is happy to ride it by himself

Full disclosure, I also forgot the Dodgems were there.
Dodgems may move on if/when the Pirate area gets a refurbishment (Next major investment is my guess)

Air Race would be likely to be sold on to another park as its still very fresh. (but then again, any ideas who could buy that in the UK? Could fit in at Pleasure Beach maybe?)
They already have the red arrows type ride which gives a similar awful experience but with some semblence of rider interaction

The dodgems... I have a lot to say about them (unfortunately mostly negative) however I won't talk about that here. I think they are the most likely thing to next leave the park, on par with Flying Dutchman, mainly due to age and other factors I will talk about in the future.

I think flying Dutchman safe. Extra capacity.

Don't think they will remove air race given 1.2m height.

5 year plan suggests replacement ride within 2024 which hasn't happened. This suggests to me new set of dodgems although I wonder if they are holding back on this to make decision on area around pirate/jolly buccaneer/bounty.

Plans can & will always change :) A lot happens within 5 years.
My advice is always to take information with a pinch of salt until things start to happen.

The original 5 year plan states subject to change and I heard Victoria say they are working on next one.

Be great to see them make it into a resort as the name and original ideas wanted to. Has potential to be a great family park.

The coaster was in the planning stages in 2021 but was leaked to be a S&S coaster so they scrapped that plan in 2022 when the lift hill and launch coaster came about and was pushed back a year. They need to keep investing in the whole park and not year the zoo licence is up so let’s see if they renew it for another 5 years.

Back