Sheriff's Showdown

The biggest issue with Sherriff Showdown is how inconsistent the guns are. Some guns will give you a score of 50,000+, whilst others will give you less than 10,000. This makes both competition inside cars (between friends/family ect.) and the daily high-score pretty unfair as it's mainly based on whether you get a good car/gun rather than how many targets you can hit.

It would be nice to see some new guns on Sherriff's, especially with it being a major attraction this season with the opening of Frontier Falls and Gold Rush.
I miss the golden nugget guns... :D Blue & red

All in all, the biggest issue with Showdown is the guns and the scoring system. They're just not reliable. The speakers in the cars aren't as good as they were too, the "You got a Bonus!" Sounds like it's being played by some cheap low quality speaker. Another thing i noticed, when riding with a friend or family is that if you get a bonus point, the screen shows it, but the person who also shares the screen can't see their score when the bonus audio is being played.

Personally, I think it's time they scrap the current score system as it seems really unreliable, filled with obvious flaws (the screens), not as advanced as the Golden Nuggets one, which could record high scores of the week, month, and entire season AND display it. It had a more robust seven segmented display (the screens are really distracting personally), with better speakers for "You got a Bonus!" While other riders can still see their score.

On the guns, it seems like you don't even have to aim, just point it at a certain area and you'll almost without a doubt hit 2 targets, then they'll immediately reset, again, you'll get more points. A bit of a challenge would be nice with targets that done reset instantaneously.

I wonder who made the Golden Nuggets scoring system. I'd love to see a modernised version of that back in the ride!

Space leisure did the original ride and this company did the re-theme

All in all, the biggest issue with Showdown is the guns and the scoring system. They're just not reliable. The speakers in the cars aren't as good as they were too, the "You got a Bonus!" Sounds like it's being played by some cheap low quality speaker. Another thing i noticed, when riding with a friend or family is that if you get a bonus point, the screen shows it, but the person who also shares the screen can't see their score when the bonus audio is being played.

Personally, I think it's time they scrap the current score system as it seems really unreliable, filled with obvious flaws (the screens), not as advanced as the Golden Nuggets one, which could record high scores of the week, month, and entire season AND display it. It had a more robust seven segmented display (the screens are really distracting personally), with better speakers for "You got a Bonus!" While other riders can still see their score.

On the guns, it seems like you don't even have to aim, just point it at a certain area and you'll almost without a doubt hit 2 targets, then they'll immediately reset, again, you'll get more points. A bit of a challenge would be nice with targets that done reset instantaneously.

I wonder who made the Golden Nuggets scoring system. I'd love to see a modernised version of that back in the ride!
The new scoring system was implemented by Being Creative, who also re-themed The Haunting in 2016.

I went on it yesterday and it was awful. The score on our cart listed old scores and didn’t know to we got back to the station what our scores was. Also there was a lot of targets flashing Blue. I told the operator and he just looked at me and continued to load the ride.
Wow, it sounds like its in a really dire state! Drayton, It's time to give The Wild West shootout the love and TLC it deserves!

The carts laptop screens didn’t work today
IMG_4464.jpeg

Also some of the targets today were having a disco.

Managed to get this high score earlier - our screen didn't work so I wasn't sure what I got until I got to the station
Didn't hear any bonus announcements or audio on our car either as a result

Attachments

• PXL_20240810_152138607.jpg
    PXL_20240810_152138607.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
Managed to get this high score earlier - our screen didn't work so I wasn't sure what I got until I got to the station
Didn't hear any bonus announcements or audio on our car either as a result
How did u manage to get that score?
I think that the bandit above the undertakers gives the highest scores per hit.

There’s a couple of guns right now that shoot multiple targets at once - these are both in Car 1.

There’s a “hidden” bonus on the top of the undertakers roof - which can you shoot most of the way along the second half of the ride.

There are 3 bonuses close together in front of you when you enter the main room, continually shoot these (shooting other targets in between). In the mine at the start, you can shoot 4 targets in a circular motions that will boost your score.

But the main tip is get Car 1. One of the guns also gives points just for shooting at the moment!

If you get a stoppage for any reason then that is also the easiest way to boost your score!

How did u manage to get that score?
I think that the bandit above the undertakers gives the highest scores per hit.
Turn around in areas where you have less targets to get the targets behind you where there's more / focus on the bonuses + always be hitting something ideally is how I play

Back