Thomas, Rosie and Percy Engine Tours (Sodor Railway)

None of the trains was running today.
IMG_4375.jpeg
IMG_4376.jpeg

That's odd whys it closed its the main attraction
Not sure but it was listed outside the park to not be open. Maybe it was a problem with the turn table as Thomas was parked on there but he could have been there for photos. I hope it ain’t a staffing issue again as it’s been on 1 train again.
As last week Rosie was here
IMG_4323.jpeg

Not seen Percy for a while.

According to what I have seen, they are waiting for a part but whilst closed, Thomas is there for photo ops :) (Which isn't ideal but its better than no Thomas at all)
Hopefully they will be back up and running soon

According to what I have seen, they are waiting for a part but whilst closed, Thomas is there for photo ops :) (Which isn't ideal but its better than no Thomas at all)
Hopefully they will be back up and running soon
But if they are turning them into All Engines Go, there wouldn’t be a lot of point in buying a whole new part. So there shouldn’t be All engines go anytime soon. Maybe they could buy like a cheaper part which is less reliable ass they won’t need that part for long if they are using AEG.

But if they are turning them into All Engines Go, there wouldn’t be a lot of point in buying a whole new part. So there shouldn’t be All engines go anytime soon. Maybe they could buy like a cheaper part which is less reliable ass they won’t need that part for long if they are using AEG.
If they were doing that, they would still use the same engine bases & track/turntable parts. It would be more of a replacement cover on the engines or new front train rather than a full refit of the ride. Its still unconfirmed that they are going to make that change at the moment.

I believe this issue is with one of the turntables - not the engines. (As three engines wouldn't all be unavailable with the same part)

I'm assuming turntable or electrics issue. (but I am no engineer)

Great, I am pretty concerned about the future of this ride, I would be surprised if it meets the same fate as apocalypse

It won't meet the same end as Apocalypse.
The ride fits the target audience, is a core part of Thomas Land and has purpose.

So nothing to worry about there

It's got a solid rider base too - always someone on it which helps secure longevity

The trains run constantly, they will have downtime as parts wear down.

The ride fits the target audience, is a core part of Thomas Land and has purpose.

It's got a solid rider base too - always someone on it which helps secure longevity

And it's not in a bad state at all

An AEG retheme is the most likely next step should the whole land get rethemed.

Thomas Land wouldn't work without a train as it defeats the point of the theme

It won't get a whole re theme, I asked a worker and they said they have no plans to re theme the land as it would cost to much and would rather make a area themed to it

At this time, there are no confirmed plans.
The park is in a planning stage following the current investments. Who knows what the future will bring.

But for now it's all staying as it is and engine tours will remain as they are.

Thomas will stay as long as the looping group own the IP and licence. The rides that were installed in 2008 May need updating/charging in 2028.

Back