[2023 Event] Christmas Wonderland

We are here today, queuing to get into the Vikings entrance & the queue is 30+minutes long! Likely they have sold out today but I thought annual pass holders with Gold or Platinum passes are guaranteed entry whenever!

It's also odd they are using the Vikings entrance. The infrastructure isn't in place at this entrance to accommodate the amount of people using it! I'm guessing the usual car park is either flooded or having work done to it. Either way, this is not a good way to start your day!

We are here today, queuing to get into the Vikings entrance & the queue is 30+minutes long! Likely they have sold out today but I thought annual pass holders with Gold or Platinum passes are guaranteed entry whenever!

It's also odd they are using the Vikings entrance. The infrastructure isn't in place at this entrance to accommodate the amount of people using it! I'm guessing the usual car park is either flooded or having work done to it. Either way, this is not a good way to start your day!
They usually only use the Vikings entrance and car park outside of the main season. Looking at the photos on FB guests not happy having to queue to get in and then another hour to see Santa.
I wonder how big the queue will be for the train later?

I’m shocked at the length of queues. I don’t remember big queues to get into the park ever. I’m hoping it’s all sorted and perfected by the time we visit on Christmas Eve

I think there’s a bunch of Free Return tickets that expire this weekend - so wonder if people have saved those for the Christmas event. But yes, doesn’t look fun!

We are with people who have saved their free return for this weekend & assumed it'd be busy with lots of others doing this.

That said, 30+mins to enter the park & I've overheard people saying they waited 90mins for Santa.

I don't understand the reason for people entering through Vikings with the whole area closed! Last year they had the attractions in the area open so made sense!

I think there’s a bunch of Free Return tickets that expire this weekend - so wonder if people have saved those for the Christmas event. But yes, doesn’t look fun!
Hopefully this means when I go I won't have to wait Smiler queue times just to see Santa. :ROFLMAO:
Drayton have deleted their Facebook post which had a lot of people complaining on - guess that’s one way to have a social media strategy!
They do like to try and avoid negativity which is honestly not always a good thing when you have so many people complaining about the same thing.
I don't understand the reason for people entering through Vikings with the whole area closed! Last year they had the attractions in the area open so made sense!
DM seem to always use this entrance during the Christmas period and I'm really not sure why as it's not the most logical thing to do, especially on a busy day like it was today.

Looks like they’ve removed the ability to buy Santa/train tickets from the website now. Maybe they are having a rethink.

At least people on Social Media seem to have got refunds today.

Am booked for tomorrow so will see how this goes….

Been at the park today - no sign of any chaos like yesterday. No queue to see Santa or take the train (but we didn’t do either of these). Saw the Christmas show in the theatre, which was good - and they had a different guy with Rory than normal.

Looks like some concrete work been done on the new coaster site (was hard to tell from Accelerator in the dark).

We left about 7 but the last hour was walk ons on all rides - including submarine splash. A good event, with a festive feel.

They perhaps need more pop up food places - German sausages or something would have been great.

That’s fantastic news. It must have been people using the last return on tickets. Still it shouldn’t have happened but great to hear it hasn’t continued for a second day.

On a completely different aside I am struggling to book the grotto experience for pass holders via the app. The train expereince is there (for certain days) - have they run out of slots?

I went yesterday and did the wishmas express. This was a brilliant experience and so glad we did it. It was well organised and no sign of chaos. The park was busy and both Rory Christmas show and Mrs Claus Christmas spectacular was well worth staying for. I think it was a good event. There were a few teetching issues with some of the lights which hopefully they will get resolved. Thomasland christmas shows were good as they have been in the past.

I wasn't on the park yesterday but was over at the hotel (Was helping with a private event in the tower suites)
I ran into Rusty over in the hotel reception with a little reindeer friend which was nice to see.

The festive theme expands into the hotels with decorations, seasonal entertainment and meet and greets

I wasn't on the park yesterday but was over at the hotel (Was helping with a private event in the tower suites)
I ran into Rusty over in the hotel reception with a little reindeer friend which was nice to see.

The festive theme expands into the hotels with decorations, seasonal entertainment and meet and greets
Meet and greets with who??

Back