[2023 Event] Christmas Wonderland

I met Rusty and their reindeer friendd Rudi when I was in the hotel reception.

I would assume that Dusty and Sir Topham also appear in the hotel during select times based on this :)
Every time we have stayed in the hotel , sir toPham hat has always been accompanied by either rusty or dusty. Somehow we managed to get the man in charge himself to show of his muscles

Attachments

• A036837D-35E3-4E8E-8A0C-307D0FA20AED.jpeg
    A036837D-35E3-4E8E-8A0C-307D0FA20AED.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
Every time we have stayed in the hotel , sir toPham hat has always been accompanied by either rusty or dusty. Somehow we managed to get the man in charge himself to show of his muscles
Lovely people. Always there to just make your stay a whole lot better. ( we will now stop this conversation or we will be told off for going off topic )

I feel a bit disappointed with the grotto for Santa. From the videos we’ve watched , everyone seems to be receiving a chocolate lolly and a free return ticket for the child which is fantastic for those who don’t have annual passes however for the children that do have annual passes I feel this is a kind of let down as really all Drayton are doing for those children are a chocolate lolly…. Not a well thought out gift and considering wmsp are still doing a traditional Santa gift shop , I don’t understand the logic.

I feel a bit disappointed with the grotto for Santa. From the videos we’ve watched , everyone seems to be receiving a chocolate lolly and a free return ticket for the child which is fantastic for those who don’t have annual passes however for the children that do have annual passes I feel this is a kind of let down as really all Drayton are doing for those children are a chocolate lolly…. Not a well thought out gift and considering wmsp are still doing a traditional Santa gift shop , I don’t understand the logic.
ONLY A CHOCOLATE LOLLY?

From Shawn's video I saw the return ticket was for under 11's. I can almost guarantee you that 70% of people using this ticket will be over 11.

A few of our favourite snaps from today

Attachments

• 38B623CA-47CA-432A-9B49-9F13EB7B3D82.jpeg
    38B623CA-47CA-432A-9B49-9F13EB7B3D82.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • CC69B5CF-EBC7-4084-A7B5-A440EB324D39.jpeg
    CC69B5CF-EBC7-4084-A7B5-A440EB324D39.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 22589A85-5735-4DA0-8709-977520603DDB.jpeg
    22589A85-5735-4DA0-8709-977520603DDB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 44E0A891-D88A-49BC-8840-7F1CA0178A50.jpeg
    44E0A891-D88A-49BC-8840-7F1CA0178A50.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
  • FC94715C-ACD7-4815-A93C-9AA37CCF639C.jpeg
    FC94715C-ACD7-4815-A93C-9AA37CCF639C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
I know last weekend they had a lot of complaints about having to wait 60-90 mins. To really have a poor experience as when you enter the building where u had a lovely story time with Mrs Claus is now a Christmas shop again with someone in there doing face painting. Then you went into the next area if you hadn’t already wrote your letter to Santa. Then you posted your letter and while lead into 1 of the rooms with Santa in and had your photo taken and he gave you a hot chocolate token for the adults and a golden token. Then you decide if you want to buy your photo and then outside you were given a paper bag with a lolly pop inside and a kids free return visit before the end of March with a full paying adult. So many parents was not happy and the queue outside guest services was long with others moaning on social media platforms and trip advisor. The team had to remove the posts and can understand why they improved the Santa experience and added a cheap gift.

I know last weekend they had a lot of complaints about having to wait 60-90 mins. To really have a poor experience as when you enter the building where u had a lovely story time with Mrs Claus is now a Christmas shop again with someone in there doing face painting. Then you went into the next area if you hadn’t already wrote your letter to Santa. Then you posted your letter and while lead into 1 of the rooms with Santa in and had your photo taken and he gave you a hot chocolate token for the adults and a golden token. Then you decide if you want to buy your photo and then outside you were given a paper bag with a lolly pop inside and a kids free return visit before the end of March with a full paying adult. So many parents was not happy and the queue outside guest services was long with others moaning on social media platforms and trip advisor. The team had to remove the posts and can understand why they improved the Santa experience and added a cheap gift.
This year definitely seems like more of an experimental one. For the previous years the park just did the same things they knew worked, with a few new additions last year, but this year pretty much the entire event is different.

I think they should have cut the event to 6pm as without any coasters running, Bounty been pointless as you got to be 1.2m tall. With the amount of people on site you could have done all the Thomas land rides in just over a hour.

On Saturday in the day time it was very busy when we was in Thomas land with very large queues pretty much for all rides. It wasn’t until late afternoon that it started to go quiet. I do agree though it seems like they’ve completely taken a leap to change it completely however it’s positive to see they are listening to feed back and are making adjustments actively. I’m sure next year will be more streamlined and not as experimental. The only thing I haven’t liked this year is that at Halloween after Rory’s boo bash in the theatre , they did a meet and greet for the children. This time with Santa Rory there wasn’t a meet and great: in fact the only meet and greet for Rory seems to be first thing when the park opens as then Rory’s show is pretty much then every half an hour. We also liked this year they are giving out box’s to keep the kids ginger bread in that they hand decorate as last year it was just a paper plate.

I think after Saturday they have removed the Grotto from sale - I’d assume temporarily until they have ironed out whatever the issues were?
I've now been able to book for the final Thursday. Little Lad is at school right up until the Friday and then is off to the inlaws so this evening is the effective last chance we'll have. Booked both the Grotto and the train ride.

I'm thinking it may be that last year that the magic will hold and he may not "believe" next year so am really grateful that we've been able to book in.

I think the event is brilliant this year & a massive improvement (we are yet to do grotto & train) but have been the past 2 Saturdays. The park is very quiet from 6:30 but I don't think the answer is to close earlier! The most magical part for us is seeing the park so well decorated & lit! Instead, bring back the firework finale. People used to hang around for that & would keep them on park, spending more money on meals for teatime

I think the event is brilliant this year & a massive improvement (we are yet to do grotto & train) but have been the past 2 Saturdays. The park is very quiet from 6:30 but I don't think the answer is to close earlier! The most magical part for us is seeing the park so well decorated & lit! Instead, bring back the firework finale. People used to hang around for that & would keep them on park, spending more money on meals for teatime
I wish I could say the same for the people on social media...

Back