[2024 Event] Christmas Wonderland

can’t understand how it will work as it says it’s all lit up but the park only open to 5pm as it’s not pitch black to around 4pm.
Wasn't it open until 8pm last year? The park at night is always the highlight for me so I agree with you I'm not sure how that will work. Maybe it's just the rides that close at 5pm but you can still stay to do the grotto and other stuff until later.

Wasn't it open until 8pm last year? The park at night is always the highlight for me so I agree with you I'm not sure how that will work. Maybe it's just the rides that close at 5pm but you can still stay to do the grotto and other stuff until later.
The latest times you can book the grotto for is 3:30pm.

Train has no timeslots :) Its a "when you are ready"
One ride per person as far as I know yes :)

Train has no timeslots :) Its a "when you are ready"
One ride per person as far as I know yes :)
Hop aboard and enjoy a magical Christmas tale with Sir Topham Hatt as you journey along our sparkling festive light trail towards Rusty and Dusty’s Hot Chocolate Factory. With festive installations lighting up the night sky, this festive train ride will bring an extra Christmas glow to your visit.

You will then exit the train for
Ever wondered how the perfect hot chocolate is made? Rusty and Dusty reveal their secrets in their cosy factory, a delicious end to the Festive Light Train.

Warm little hands on a cup of sweet cocoa while getting creative with marshmallows and treats!

Access to Rusty and Dusty’s Hot Chocolate Factory is included in your Enchanted Christmas Grotto booking.

Now unless they enclosing the whole Thomas route it will only be available for 4pm onwards.

Hop aboard and enjoy a magical Christmas tale with Sir Topham Hatt as you journey along our sparkling festive light trail towards Rusty and Dusty’s Hot Chocolate Factory. With festive installations lighting up the night sky, this festive train ride will bring an extra Christmas glow to your visit.
If the train is running all day as all the details on the website suggests, will it be different to last year when we went round and saw all the lights when it was dark? surely people will just wait until its dark so the lights are more visible? or are they not running the train when its dark? if they are, wont people just wait till then?

Going to need to be a short tale on the Thomas track :unsure: I thought last year was really well done, but for 'Drayton's biggest year' this seems to be a massive downgrade.
The Wishmas Express was off most of the time last year, which was really dissapointing. They’ve got 4 trains on the Thomas Track, so if one breaks down they have another 3 solutions, way better choice in my opinion. And with the earlier closing times, mostly everyone was gone by 6:30pm anyway, so waste of time, would of been nice for it to close at like 6-6:30pm but it’s all about money and what they can afford.

Last year it catered for everyone (admittedly it appears it didn't work much, we got on it however without issue) . My kids are slightly too old for Thomas Land now and the Castle and Wishmas Express were brilliant. Now it's taking a trip on Thomas and Rusty and Dusty are involved. Only my opinion, but definitely a step backwards for me.

Last year it catered for everyone (admittedly it appears it didn't work much, we got on it however without issue) . My kids are slightly too old for Thomas Land now and the Castle and Wishmas Express were brilliant. Now it's taking a trip on Thomas and Rusty and Dusty are involved. Only my opinion, but definitely a step backwards for me.
Seems like a step back to me too... and it closes earlier ???

the park have confirmed to me that it closes at 5pm every day for the christmas event

5pm!!!!! Screenshot_20241015_134405_Instagram.jpg

Back