Gold Rush (New for 2024)

Over view by Google Earth. Looks like the apocalypse base is still there
That isn’t up to date as the ramp from the hotel to the Viking entrance was still connected
606309AE-4514-4743-B57D-C3636AF3DCC3.png

This was removed mid August

the apocalypse foundation is partly still there with a big chunk of it being removed near the front looking towards sheriffs showdown, it looks like they are working there way back to the right of the site as they were digging and pouring concrete around that area near jormungandrs last turn and the pathway down to the viking entrance.

Got a good look at the construction today.
Footers being finalised at the border with Vikings by Jorgenmander (spelling?!)
The area behind Flying Dutchman was being cleaned out of machinery , tools and rubbish so looks finalised as far as ground work goes.
Drunken barrels was being painted in a brown paint (weatherproofing ?)

Got a good look at the construction today.
Footers being finalised at the border with Vikings by Jorgenmander (spelling?!)
The area behind Flying Dutchman was being cleaned out of machinery , tools and rubbish so looks finalised as far as ground work goes.
Drunken barrels was being painted in a brown paint (weatherproofing ?)
It was. As I was walking up to sheriffs showdown I saw it happing but in the end showdown was closed

Well submarine splash and the new exhibit is shown
They may be listed on there but if u look carefully at the construction site no footers had been dug yet.
The work that’s gonna go on the Jorgenmander site will be done next week as the park is closed on Monday onwards and they will have to remove fencing.

I don’t think this will be toilets anymore - but some other use, maybe even part of the queue line.

The park has recently put all new signage directing people to toilets, and not sure they would re-do this so quickly if these toilets return.

The park can't exactly direct you to toilets that are closed, signs are quick and easy to change. Toilets are not.

Seeing as that toilet block is one of the more major installations in the park with the fact that side of the park will be one of the more popular sides next year, they will almost certainly be remaining as toilets. They will be needed up that end of the park. No point wasting money and rebuilding something they would almost certainly have to be rebuild nearby, when it is already there.

Never say never, I just find it highly unlikely.

The park can't exactly direct you to toilets that are closed, signs are quick and easy to change. Toilets are not.

Seeing as that toilet block is one of the more major installations in the park with the fact that side of the park will be one of the more popular sides next year, they will almost certainly be remaining as toilets. They will be needed up that end of the park. No point wasting money and rebuilding something they would almost certainly have to be rebuild nearby, when it is already there.

Never say never, I just find it highly unlikely.
It hard to tell at the moment if it will be used as a toilet block again as I say this for how close the coaster supports will go to that building. Anyway construction has now moved to the top end of the park where the fish and chip shop was so it is gonna be a big family coaster.
DE8D23FC-A9E4-4282-9F81-419DEFCB7FBF.jpeg
F69503A2-F4D7-4CC9-B8AD-709642648B14.jpeg
3EB9B6C9-C06F-43E5-B8EF-AE46EFFF7232.jpeg
74E3BFB9-5848-4592-BAFA-75DA7E539C06.jpeg
ACE3DE51-E3A2-492A-B1C2-CC577E91AE44.jpeg
2CC4B77F-0818-438F-B45B-15BC925FA1AD.jpeg
1CB6D104-E5BF-4A70-B261-7D1083732751.jpeg
1C1DAD93-CCF2-46EB-91E1-C4B2103B4A2C.jpeg

I reckon it'll stay as a toilet block.
There are toilets in X-Sector at Alton Towers where the supports to The Smiler are quite close to / the ride goes over so I don't think they'd not be able to do it.

It hard to tell at the moment if it will be used as a toilet block again as I say this for how close the coaster supports will go to that building. Anyway construction has now moved to the top end of the park where the fish and chip shop was so it is gonna be a big family coaster.
View attachment 5070View attachment 5071View attachment 5072View attachment 5073View attachment 5074View attachment 5075View attachment 5076View attachment 5077
I bet those buildings up there will also be wooden. Unless they get knocked down. But that top area is where you exit to get to the hotel, when you stay at the hotel you go through that entrance. It takes you to the Main Entrance car park next to the hotel.

View attachment 5070View attachment 5071View attachment 5072View attachment 5073View attachment 5074View attachment 5075View attachment 5076View attachment 5077

I take it you have not seen The Smiler's toilet block? That has track over it and supports right next to it. How close supports go to the building will make absolutely no difference in determining its usage. So I'm a bit unsure of the point you are trying to make. Nice to see the site progressing well though.

Back