Gold Rush (New for 2024)

That loooks quite a bit of progress in a week since the last photo - and a twisty ride looks quite good. Definitely feels jammed in - hopefully some good near miss points

That loooks quite a bit of progress in a week since the last photo - and a twisty ride looks quite good. Definitely feels jammed in - hopefully some good near miss points
Maybe the ride could open earlier than we thought? (assuming we thought late spring)

It looks really good and looks like it's going to be a huge cramped coaster if that makes sense. I can picture the train being mine cart themed

I still think it’s gonna be a May opening.
The station,Maintenance and other building as well need to be built as all the wiring needs to be done and that’s to they got to do loads of testing of the coaster. Then you got all the theming and queue lines. Nemesis has just started testing and that’s roughly 1 weeks behind schedule with it hopefully be ready for the Easter holidays.

We're here today for the Zoo Only Days & construction has gone up loads! Will try to get a picture on exit but I'm amazed how much seems to be in!

We're here today for the Zoo Only Days & construction has gone up loads! Will try to get a picture on exit but I'm amazed how much seems to be in!
Make sure to try do loads! Maybe a video if possible? Also do I have permission to post them on my discord if so? i like posting construction updates, and i’ll tag u in it if u want.

Unfortunately I was unable to get any photos as there were a lot of staff around at the exit so found it difficult to pull over to rake any pics over by the conference centre.

However, thus thing looks like it'll be full of airtime & lots of tight banked turns! Seeing it today has made me feel very excited for this new addition. Just think now is the time to start promoting it!

Unfortunately I was unable to get any photos as there were a lot of staff around at the exit so found it difficult to pull over to rake any pics over by the conference centre.

However, thus thing looks like it'll be full of airtime & lots of tight banked turns! Seeing it today has made me feel very excited for this new addition. Just think now is the time to start promoting it!
Most definitely the time to start promoting it. The Nemesis stuff has calmed down. It’s a PERFECT time

The theme park ride and retail staff start back then but the maintenance staff and the full time staff are already back.

Maintenance staff don't finish, they work year round. Those rides need alot of work over winter, maintance staff are usually busier in the closed season than they are in the open season. Closed season is usually where all the planned and preventative maintance takes place, open season is usually mostly made up of relative maintance. They do of course, like most of the country have a small break over Christmas, but they are full time. They need to be, the park wouldn't be able to open otherwise.

Retail, rides, catering, admissions and stuff like that are seasonal roles, the majority of the rest is full time and permanent.

Slightly off topic, apologies.

Maintenance staff don't finish, they work year round. Those rides need alot of work over winter, maintance staff are usually busier in the closed season than they are in the open season. Closed season is usually where all the planned and preventative maintance takes place, open season is usually mostly made up of relative maintance. They do of course, like most of the country have a small break over Christmas, but they are full time. They need to be, the park wouldn't be able to open otherwise.

Retail, rides, catering, admissions and stuff like that are seasonal roles, the majority of the rest is full time and permanent.

Slightly off topic, apologies.
As the park was open to the 31st Dec and maintenance had started on the 6th Nov all members of staff except the Zoo keepers as they got to be there 24/7 were given 2 weeks off so they went back on Monday.

I really do this they will aim for mid May to open the new coaster.

Transporting pieces to the site today...
IMG_2277.jpg

As the park was open to the 31st Dec and maintenance had started on the 6th Nov all members of staff except the Zoo keepers as they got to be there 24/7 were given 2 weeks off so they went back on Monday.

I really do this they will aim for mid May to open the new coaster.

I see what you mean now, it is nice of the park to do, but what I ment was. It is no different to most companies who give you a two week break around Christmas, just Drayton delay theirs by a couple of weeks. Still, it is nice gesuture I guess, they could be like any retail business and not give them anything.

I may end up eating my words with this new coaster, it is flying up now. This could be ready much sooner than I anticipated. Roll on this season!

Back