2596BA51-8635-4AFF-9F3F-A0226106BF98.jpeg
C4D0610D-7977-4A6E-8F5C-C5992A9293A7.jpeg
2FBD9A4D-CB77-46D2-AB41-0688D78456E8.jpeg
3B542462-95A4-44EA-B39C-91C2E7005DAA.jpeg
B71094E7-95B4-42E3-BB1D-218865510665.jpeg
9F8A8569-C0D3-429A-9D4C-07F6E48878FC.jpeg
92107C35-40CB-42C9-9F03-7F82C5D09E41.jpeg
51B0D559-3EB4-4A74-85F6-2B6215C4B218.jpeg

A very welcome addition. With the tea cups due to be installed pre-covid I was worried they would stick to that and it would be more of the same based on what they already have.

My kids wanted a boat ride similar to Fairy Tale Brook at Legoland, so hopefully they will love this! Can't decide if I want it to be a complete soaker like River Rafts at Chessington seems to be however!

Do we know the manufacturer?

A very welcome addition. With the tea cups due to be installed pre-covid I was worried they would stick to that and it would be more of the same based on what they already have.

My kids wanted a boat ride similar to Fairy Tale Brook at Legoland, so hopefully they will love this! Can't decide if I want it to be a complete soaker like River Rafts at Chessington seems to be however!

I’m not sure on the manufacturer however a few senior members of staff have explained to me that it’s going to be very similar to chessington’s one.

Mentioned this on TowersStreet, but very much agree! The "Tea Party" ride sounded so out of place from Thomas Land, so glad they're going for more creative and unique attractions; the theming details mentioned there make it sound like this is gonna be pretty immersive as well!

Also mentioned over there that the tunnel portal being built on site could very well mean future expansion of Thomas Land at that old carpark patch is likely; if that section is going for the All Engines Go! theming, a smaller coaster around Brake Car Bruno or Kana could be a fun starter coaster against the Trucks.

As for the manufacturer, Zamperla is usually the provider for current Thomas rides; I'd assume this is either their regular flume model or the Kiddie Flume.

I'm a bit short so these aren't great but. We saw a lot more work on the building - assuming potential station today with people painting in the site.

From the trucks I could see that the main "ride troughs" are in place (a lovely blue!) and there is the start of some theming going in (including a train in a tunnel)

Should only be a few weeks now. It's coming along really fast now.

Attachments

• PXL_20230402_103656433.jpg
    PXL_20230402_103656433.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 139
  • PXL_20230402_103740973.jpg
    PXL_20230402_103740973.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 137
  • PXL_20230402_103648045.jpg
    PXL_20230402_103648045.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
Looks like they are going all in on the theming.

Am I wrong for feeling a little crest fallen looking at the ride itself though? The kids will probably love it though so I'm probably just being greedy.

My kids are already extremely excited for it, it’s exactly what Thomas Land is missing in my opinion. Seems like a lot from this forum we’re at the park today, we had one of the best days there we’ve had!

My kids are already extremely excited for it, it’s exactly what Thomas Land is missing in my opinion. Seems like a lot from this forum we’re at the park today, we had one of the best days there we’ve had!
yep, maybe this is where I am going a bit wrong. With the talk of the park getting a Chessington type flume I started looking up videos and I saw the Tiger Rock. This excited me. Now its a bit like Bullseye, lets see what you could have won.

As I said, the kids will probably love it. Especially with them going full on on the theming.

I'm a bit short so these aren't great but. We saw a lot more work on the building - assuming potential station today with people painting in the site.

From the trucks I could see that the main "ride troughs" are in place (a lovely blue!) and there is the start of some theming going in (including a train in a tunnel)

Should only be a few weeks now. It's coming along really fast now.
"Train in a tunnel", hmm?

Wonder if anyone could get more deets if possible! Mostly saw the tunnel as a potential marker for future expansion, but would be interesting if more theming is adding onto that!

Also curious if a new retaining/quarry wall will be going up as part of this...

"Train in a tunnel", hmm?

Wonder if anyone could get more deets if possible! Mostly saw the tunnel as a potential marker for future expansion, but would be interesting if more theming is adding onto that!

Also curious if a new retaining/quarry wall will be going up as part of this...
There was a sort of theming tunnel painted /built into a wall with a train looking to come out of a tunnel there, similar to the ones on the building for Harolds Helicopter tours.

It looked like it was James sat there (But I don't really know my trains)

yep, maybe this is where I am going a bit wrong. With the talk of the park getting a Chessington type flume I started looking up videos and I saw the Tiger Rock. This excited me. Now its a bit like Bullseye, lets see what you could have won.

As I said, the kids will probably love it. Especially with them going full on on the theming.
I assume the one they were referring to at Chessington was the River Rafts flume - though from what I'm seeing, this one looks to be a smaller variant of that again.
It will be a great addition for those too small to ride on Stormforce 10 which is nice.

With Stormforce already in the park, there'd be no benefit to adding something like TigerRock (expecially so close by)

Thomas Land prides itself in being accessible for the younger children, expecially those who may not be able to go on rides at other themeparks - so this feels like a heavy influence on the choice of ride here

There was a sort of theming tunnel painted /built into a wall with a train looking to come out of a tunnel there, similar to the ones on the building for Harolds Helicopter tours.

It looked like it was James sat there (But I don't really know my trains)
There used to be James coming out of the tunnel with one carriage showing but because of the new ride I believe they got rid of the carriage and pushed James further back. It used to be used for photos.

There used to be James coming out of the tunnel with one carriage showing but because of the new ride I believe they got rid of the carriage and pushed James further back. It used to be used for photos.
In that case, he's still there :) !

AAAAH, suppose I misunderstood. XD

Did theorize a bit that the other new tunnel portal could be a marker for future expansion...but it's also likely they could put another "quarter" replica in there.

Sidenote, I kinda hope they bring back the coach to another section of the area...maybe they could set it up on the siding James used to be on?

17621888_1907670776136712_2794958815237640172_o.jpg.422d267ea6fb8cccce7ec6473fab0f44.jpg

Wow, nice boats/ride vehicles! Just sad they themed it to the new Thomas and didn't keep the old look.
I suppose considering the area is already a melting pot of classic/2000s/CGI Thomas, it was inevitable! :p

I am interested in what else DJ Pope Creative (whom I can confirm are indeed the design team for this) are planning! The lighthouse is a design commonly used in the All Engines Go series, and curious if that warehouse is another potential element of docklands dressing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back