New Thomas Land Ride 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little one questioned the fat controller asking him when the new ride will open. He said it should have been this week for the Thomas birthday but he has mentioned to keep an eye out for may half term week instead. There was construction going on for a show building by the look of it with people working on the roof all day. The trough was completely filled with water all day but no subs in the water. By the looks of it , it’s mainly the surrounding areas they are working on rather than the physical ride itself.
Maybe next week or 2 weeks
My little one questioned the fat controller asking him when the new ride will open. He said it should have been this week for the Thomas birthday but he has mentioned to keep an eye out for may half term week instead. There was construction going on for a show building by the look of it with people working on the roof all day. The trough was completely filled with water all day but no subs in the water. By the looks of it , it’s mainly the surrounding areas they are working on rather than the physical ride itself.
Maybe it will be open next week or week after

Firstly, love how the Fat Controller actor there keeps to character! Would love to make an overseas holiday here for that alone

Secondly, makes a lot of sense; judging by the concept art having a lighthouse and the size of the loading building/Vicarstown Museum replica, the theming being the big thing to finish lines up considering the ride itself is basically ready to go.

Am curious if the spot they've laid the cement wall around is going to be a potential pool for the splashdown looking at it again...

Firstly, love how the Fat Controller actor there keeps to character! Would love to make an overseas holiday here for that alone

Secondly, makes a lot of sense; judging by the concept art having a lighthouse and the size of the loading building/Vicarstown Museum replica, the theming being the big thing to finish lines up considering the ride itself is basically ready to go.

Am curious if the spot they've laid the cement wall around is going to be a potential pool for the splashdown looking at it again...
We had a different FC actor today and I thought he wasn’t as good as the one we usually see on the weekend because he didn’t do the accent however that being said he still gave an amazing experience but that’s just me picking haha.

From the photos it would appear that is most likely going to be the splash down however I can imagine the weather being as wet as it has been and is forecast to remain the same will only add further delays onto the project but im sure it will be amazing none the less.
In terms of friendliness and atmosphere for character interaction I would dare say Drayton are above everyone in that aspect. We’ve never once had a bad experience and today the street entertainment crew made my boys day even more special by having the guy who walks on stilts try to do the basket ball carnival game. It was also awesome to see rusty and dusty having a go on troublesome trucks with the FC shouting at them to get back to work after they made chew chew sounds.

In terms of friendliness and atmosphere for character interaction I would dare say Drayton are above everyone in that aspect.
I can't comment about everywhere, but they are above everywhere I've been.

After a recent conversation about your dream dinner party guests I asked my 7 year old if he could invite any 3 people for tea (not from family or school) who he would ask he said, "Willy Wonka, a T-Rex and Ranger Vicky" Ranger Vicky being from the dinosaur events at DMR. Exalted company, not sure they'd all be happy with fish fingers though.

Just in Thomas Land and got 2 quick snaps from off ride on Blue Mountain Engines. Not much to report but the site is very busy with workers beavering away

Attachments

• 20230413_134837.jpg
    20230413_134837.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 144
  • 20230413_134834.jpg
    20230413_134834.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 134
What if is the entrance to the raised walkway to the zoo? It could lead through a new AEG land that’s rumoured to open in 2028?
I didn't know they were making an AEG land in 2028 but now I do I will probably just avoid it because I don't really like AEG land but if it was going to be somewhere i would say where the in the area behind James and the red balloon ride but to enter it from tidmouth halt where the level crossing is. It would be better than changing every thing in Thomas land to AEG. Is this been officially said or is it just a prediction (I'm interested now)

I didn't know they were making an AEG land in 2028 but now I do I will probably just avoid it because I don't really like AEG land but if it was going to be somewhere i would say where the in the area behind James and the red balloon ride but to enter it from tidmouth halt where the level crossing is. It would be better than changing every thing in Thomas land to AEG. Is this been officially said or is it just a prediction (I'm interested now)
It has just been rumoured but I reckon it’s probably just a prediction that has been falsely approved…

I can't stand the AEG. It's gone too young and completely puts off the older children that still have a fondness for the other branding. All mine (5, 8 and 10) love the older stuff but this new AEG, they're just not interested at all!

I can't stand the AEG. It's gone too young and completely puts off the older children that still have a fondness for the other branding. All mine (5, 8 and 10) love the older stuff but this new AEG, they're just not interested at all!
That’s so true, it’s obviously based at people who aren’t into the classics

I buy some of the merch mostly push along as it's better quality than the 2020 push along I don't buy the track master as it's just not thomas but I would like if they did a AEG shop ik we have the Thomas land one but id keep that as the originals and have the AEG in the AEG one

Just in Thomas Land and got 2 quick snaps from off ride on Blue Mountain Engines. Not much to report but the site is very busy with workers beavering away
Nice to see some progress on the Vicarstown Museum building! Looks like that's just about ready to go

Also, is it just me or did the new concrete walls around the splashdown get a bit of a polish/coat of paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back