2024: General Discussion

Hi everyone ☺️ new here, been lurking though for a while to keep upto date on Drayton news and thought it was about time i joined up!

Wondering if anyone can help me in regards to the Photo Pass?
If i buy it does that mean i can download the photos onto my phone and keep them or do i need to pay for them individually to keep them?

Im heading there next week with my little one for first time in 3 years so im not sure how it all works as never purchased the photo pass before, but with little one being tall enough for alot of the rides now im hoping to get photos off the ones that are available, i apologize if this has been an answered previously or if this is in the wrong place! But figured this was best place to ask!
Hi! Welcome to the forum :)

I believe the photo pass brought in advance will give you unlimited photos on the day you have it purchased for. This looks to be available in advance via the website but you should also be able to arrange this with any of the photobooth desks on the day (this may be a good idea as the desk staff will also be able to assist in adding photos)

Alternatively you can add photos to the website & purchase at a later date but these look to be individually priced at the moment.

Here is the link for the parks' ride photo page including prices for the photo pass and physical photo packages.

The photopass will let you download & keep the photos but doesnt include prints on the day (these can be bought seperate)

Hope this helps :)

Hi! Welcome to the forum :)

I believe the photo pass brought in advance will give you unlimited photos on the day you have it purchased for. This looks to be available in advance via the website but you should also be able to arrange this with any of the photobooth desks on the day (this may be a good idea as the desk staff will also be able to assist in adding photos)

Alternatively you can add photos to the website & purchase at a later date but these look to be individually priced at the moment.

Here is the link for the parks' ride photo page including prices for the photo pass and physical photo packages.

The photopass will let you download & keep the photos but doesnt include prints on the day (these can be bought seperate)

Hope this helps :)
Perfect thank you Elise! I dont mind not printing them on the day aslong as i can download the digitals to keep as itll be my little ones first time being big enough for a lot more, if i dont get chance to sort it beforehand il do it at the photo booths! Thank you again! May bump into you Gold Rush opening day if there? As thats the day i booked just over a month ago

Perfect thank you Elise! I dont mind not printing them on the day aslong as i can download the digitals to keep as itll be my little ones first time being big enough for a lot more, if i dont get chance to sort it beforehand il do it at the photo booths! Thank you again! May bump into you Gold Rush opening day if there? As thats the day i booked just over a month ago
The booth staff are really helpful :)

At the moment I won't be there as I'll be at work unfortunately :(
I visit the park quite a bit, so you'll see us around at some point im sure :)

Hope you all have a lovely visit!

The booth staff are really helpful :)

At the moment I won't be there as I'll be at work unfortunately :(
I visit the park quite a bit, so you'll see us around at some point im sure :)

Hope you all have a lovely visit!
Oh no thats no fun is it? Hopefully youll be on Gold Rush soon then! Thank you again ☺️

With the park now open every day now to September you won’t see anymore work done to the ride as they will want every ride open with the amount of guests that will be coming to the park over the school holidays

After reading the inside info on here we didn't pay any visits after school this week until today.

We are all here as fans of the park, we've had lots of fun there and want to see it do well.

You don't want to write anything negative....but why, on occasion, do they make it so easy!!

Until the wave reopened our post school visits have seen us cram up to 10 rides in an hour, focussed mainly on Vikings area. But since the lttle lad has found his surfing feet the wave is our destination of choice. Its limited the number of rides we get in but he's happy.

So when we walk in today there isn't anyone to show our tickets to. There are a couple of coach parties asssembling for departure so its pretty busy out there and we just carry on on our way. The queues for Thor and Loki seem pretty large considering the small number of vehicles on the car park and throngs about to leave.

We walk past Johunmungduirdrshire and its closed, which isn't really an issue and we keep walking. I am a little nervous as I can't hear the noises coing from the Wave which you can normally hear from the car park. Stormfoce 10 seemed to be having issues, you could see the queue on high and it made sense it would be popular as it was a scorching day. But I scanned for boats and couldn't see any going round. Then I noticed they were all waiting at the bottom of the lift hill back into the loading area. g

No worries I think and we scoot round to the wave. I am pleasantly surprised to see that there is no one in the lowest set of windows so thnk that the queus aren't going to be too bad. Given that rides were goin to be open until 5 I was thinking we could have a really good few spins around. But on approach it was closed. Grrrrr...

So one trip round the rapids....no jets on the final approach and I can't remember the last time there was smoke in the barn bit and I offer up Air Race as an option. Off trots little lad before returning and reporting that he didn't fancy the wait in that queue especially as they were just starting the final loading check

A walk round to the Wave swinger...As we are walking up the queue line we get a shout from some operatives that its closed. No sing on the queue, no mention of if it may reopen.

Little lad wants a drink but I am already considering the value of staying and we walk back up towards Vikings and Frontier Falls. As we missed out on wave swinger I asked if he fancied the Flying Dutchman. I get a positive and we approach the gate. There appears to be some kind of check or hadover going on as there is a chap with a clip board speaking to an operative. He hands over the clip board and disappears. The operative finds a pen and starts waggling it between his fingers. Others join us in the queue and the operative is still waggling the pen and occasionally looking over.

One of the others queueing shouts over and asks if they'll be opening up. What he replies isn't clearly audible, and it isn't when he is asked to repeat it. He certainly doesn't look like he's going to be open any time soon as so we decide to give the whole thing neck and go to McDonalds instead.

I don't know what happened earleir in the day but if that was the level of service (both in terms of ride operation and customer care) on offer then they'll need to pick themselves up pretty quickly.

Maybe because it is such a contrast to what has been seen at other times, maybe it was the heat (one poor operative out in the open on the rapids clearly hadn't applied any sun cream and the tops of her legs looked fried compared to the lower half) but it was pretty poor today.

On the plus side little lad had nuggets and I had a milkshake.

We have all been talking about themed flooring for Frontier Falls, here we are! Looks really cool, it’s also around the gold rush area too
IMG_6305.jpeg

No - was gravel. Looks good though.

Went to the first day of the Summer event today. Nice atmosphere - not too busy, I guess people are now waiting for the new ride (and there have been lots of school trips).

New ride looked complete - although still no chimney on the station. It went round a couple of times earlier today but as we weee leaving, looked like they were getting ready for more testing.

A rain storm at 4pm cleared the park quite a lot so no real queues for the last few hours of the day. The queue boards were on, but not accurate and times didn’t seem to change much during the day.

I was at the park today. The gravel flooring looks great, much better than the patchy tar-mac. Would love to see something similar in Adventure Cove.

Only complaint is that some people were struggling with pushchairs on the surface, and the gravel was everywhere on the other rides in the area!

Also… Why can’t Drayton maintain effects such as the mist on River Rapids. Maintenance and general up-keep seems to really fall off after an attraction has been open for a couple of years. The rapids were in a sorry state.

That looks great makes the area complete
Just saying for people who have wheelchairs and prams will not be able to access the rides round there made need to smooth it out and put resin on top for disabled guests and prams as it will stop people from going up ther

I was at the park today. The gravel flooring looks great, much better than the patchy tar-mac. Would love to see something similar in Adventure Cove.

Only complaint is that some people were struggling with pushchairs on the surface, and the gravel was everywhere on the other rides in the area!

Also… Why can’t Drayton maintain effects such as the mist on River Rapids. Maintenance and general up-keep seems to really fall off after an attraction has been open for a couple of years. The rapids were in a sorry state.
Yes it is shame also that they can't keep up the effects . Personally over winter I wouldn't do a Christmas event and get the whole park to have a refurb for a season

Yes it is shame also that they can't keep up the effects . Personally over winter I wouldn't do a Christmas event and get the whole park to have a refurb for a season
The christmas event is probably one of the biggest and would be a very bad idea as that gets a lot of money, and is most people’s favourite time of the year on park.

Just saying for people who have wheelchairs and prams will not be able to access the rides round there made need to smooth it out and put resin on top for disabled guests and prams as it will stop people from going up ther
I wouldn't be surprised if this will happen soon. I feel like it is the next step that hasn't been done yet

The Christmas event is a key event, probably the most profitable event. I think they need to do as themeparksandy1981 and open gold rush for this event. Would be good to have an altered ride offering. Looking forward to coming back and seeing gold rush around the bank holiday.

A hotel update (I couldn’t find the hotel thread). I’ve just had this email come through regarding food options at the hotel. It’s good to see this change as the bistro menu was very pricey however does the change reflect a 4* establishment? I do think this will be a bigger hit with children though I do worry now about food options for the more food restricted children. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0104.png
    IMG_0104.png
    613.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0105.png
    IMG_0105.png
    918.1 KB · Views: 83

The river rapids are having a few technical issues. On our last visit the sprinkler system had been fully removed. Lil man instantly asked guest services to investigate and turns out they have ordered some more to replace them as the system keeps breaking. Not sure about the mist though.

Back