2024: General Discussion

A hotel update (I couldn’t find the hotel thread). I’ve just had this email come through regarding food options at the hotel. It’s good to see this change as the bistro menu was very pricey however does the change reflect a 4* establishment? I do think this will be a bigger hit with children though I do worry now about food options for the more food restricted children. What are your thoughts?
I think its a positive move but it depends what they have on the buffet offering

I voted Paulton’s for theme park of the year
Best new attraction Hyperia
Best Reimagined ride Nemesis reborn
Best theme park for families Paulton’s
Best theme park for toddlers Thomas land
Best theme park for thrills Thorpe park
Best theme park for animals WMSP
Best sea side park Blackgang Cline
Best story telling ride the curse of Alton Manor
Best accessibility CBeebies land
Best Sustainability Drayton’s reusable cups
Best new event cbeebies 10 year celebration
Best new entertainment legend of Hyperia
Best new map Drayton Manor
Best new food/retail unit Grande central Paulton’s park
Best theme park lodges WMSP lodges
Most missed Pirate adventure
Best customer service Drayton manor
Best value theme park Paulton’s
Best social media content Thorpe park
Best marketing campaign nemesis reborn
Blogs lift hills and thrills

Results out on the 19th September

A hotel update (I couldn’t find the hotel thread). I’ve just had this email come through regarding food options at the hotel. It’s good to see this change as the bistro menu was very pricey however does the change reflect a 4* establishment? I do think this will be a bigger hit with children though I do worry now about food options for the more food restricted children. What are your thoughts?
I can see why this would happen. It also suggests that the hotel is fully linked to the park and is getting enough business from there. Or that there isn't the demand from conferences etc to justify the brasserie options at this time - although that may get linked back into the park?

I can see the concern for food restricted kids. But I am guessing that the range won't be much smaller - because it wasn't that large anyway? Althoguh seeing all the food that you can't have in reality may be a bit more difficult to bear it.

I can see why this would happen. It also suggests that the hotel is fully linked to the park and is getting enough business from there. Or that there isn't the demand from conferences etc to justify the brasserie options at this time - although that may get linked back into the park?

I can see the concern for food restricted kids. But I am guessing that the range won't be much smaller - because it wasn't that large anyway? Althoguh seeing all the food that you can't have in reality may be a bit more difficult to bear it.
My concern is that it’s gone from 6.99 for a meal which he would sometimes eat to 15 quid and if it’s food like tomato pasta etc, then I know he won’t eat it and that seems like a big increase which I understand is to cover the food cost as their will be multiple food out. I phoned the hotel yesterday and was reassured we could get things such as dry cereal or toast so hopefully they don’t charge 15 for that in all seriousness I get it and it won’t be a problem for most kids. Im just that 0.0000001 % whose child doesn’t like most foods.

1721718338806.png

Lovely piece of advertising for frontier falls and gold rush whilst promoting the uk theme park awards (Source Drayton Manor Resort official Facebook )

Used to have annual passes about 4 years ago, and all the impressive sounding improvements have tempted us to renew but have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help answer please before we do!
If you buy annual passes online, can you do the full purchase/registration at the same time to use straight away? Also do you get the friends and family discounts made available to you straight away?
Is the alternative entrance by the Vikings area still open at the same time as the main entrance? We used to park here to avoid the queues to get out the car park.
Is it likely to be stupid busy on Mondays in school holidays (not BH) ?
Thanks in advance

If you buy annual passes online, can you do the full purchase/registration at the same time to use straight away?
I think so.

Also do you get the friends and family discounts made available to you straight away?
Dunno.
Is the alternative entrance by the Vikings area still open at the same time as the main entrance?
I;ve onlhy used this (vikings) entrance and car park this year.
It's school holidays so its going to be fairly busy every day. I may be popping down this monday so remind me!

Used to have annual passes about 4 years ago, and all the impressive sounding improvements have tempted us to renew but have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help answer please before we do!
If you buy annual passes online, can you do the full purchase/registration at the same time to use straight away? Also do you get the friends and family discounts made available to you straight away?
Is the alternative entrance by the Vikings area still open at the same time as the main entrance? We used to park here to avoid the queues to get out the car park.
Thanks in advance

Welcome back to becoming a passholder! Its an exciting time at the park and its a great idea.

I believe you can use them almost instantly yes
The discount tickets are available as you make a prebooking so are available at the same time as your pass.
The two entrances are open at the same time I believe (But be aware, Vikings is also the entrance Hotel guests use for early ride time, there may be two queues there)
It will most likely be busy throughout the school holidays I cannot provide a exact on this one as to how busy. But you will still have an enjoyable visit. (Gold Rush & The wave will be the most popular rides but The Wave is a very slow loading ride)

Welcome back to becoming a passholder! Its an exciting time at the park and its a great idea.

I believe you can use them almost instantly yes
The discount tickets are available as you make a prebooking so are available at the same time as your pass.
The two entrances are open at the same time I believe (But be aware, Vikings is also the entrance Hotel guests use for early ride time, there may be two queues there)
It will most likely be busy throughout the school holidays I cannot provide a exact on this one as to how busy. But you will still have an enjoyable visit. (Gold Rush & The wave will be the most popular rides but The Wave is a very slow loading ride)
I can confirm that in the morning there are two queues one a hotel queue and then a queue for everyone else . But be aware as a pass holder at the hotel you don't have early ride time unfortunately

Thanks for the replies , much appreciated. Planning go to Monday so fingers crossed not overly busy!
Have a great time

The Wave and Gold Rush will probably be busy but the other rides should be more manageable in queues.

New queue time board outside of Thomas land entrance area think there trying to theme it in and protect from the rain with the cover.
1000021591.jpg

Blasting barrels is a lot more popular than Drunken barrels even though it is basically same ride. Great fun. New area is clearly working better, used to be quiet down there when it was unthemed. New boards are a great idea.

Blasting barrels is a lot more popular than Drunken barrels even though it is basically same ride. Great fun. New area is clearly working better, used to be quiet down there when it was unthemed. New boards are a great idea.
I feel like its a mix of the new theme & area being a lot more opened up now.

A lot of the time in the past I had conversations with guests who had no idea there was any rides up that side of the park.
The retheme has really made it stand out a lot more - I'm glad to see it as we have always enjoyed this ride.

It used to be a thing that if we had had a couple of long queues we used to head to the barrells / showdown to get a couple in quickly! It woudl be good to know if these timings are accurate.

Back