2024: General Discussion

When I was watching them the other day, they didn’t change that much - so think they are a guide rather than anything too scientific. I’d struggle to see how the pirate ship could physically get to a 30 min queue like it says on that picture

When I was watching them the other day, they didn’t change that much - so think they are a guide rather than anything too scientific. I’d struggle to see how the pirate ship could physically get to a 30 min queue like it says on that picture
I feel like they are manually updated so agree on them being more a guideline

It used to be a thing that if we had had a couple of long queues we used to head to the barrells / showdown to get a couple in quickly! It woudl be good to know if these timings are accurate.
No they not with my son we got a nimbus card which gives us a easy access wristband anyway gold rush was listed 30 mins stand by and 30 mins fast track/easy access my daughter didn’t want to queue up for 30 mins but I looked across and said that ain’t 30 mins so we went into the queue line and we walked straight to the front and got on the back 2 rows of the train. The standby queue cause of TPW was roughly 45 mins as it was just outside the mine bit.

I have sad news
The Harold heli tours is being re themed to all engines go. I heard from a worker earler, luckily they have no plans for any other rides to be re themed to AEG but Harold is flying to s different universe

I have sad news
The Harold heli tours is being re themed to all engines go. I heard from a worker earler, luckily they have no plans for any other rides to be re themed to AEG but Harold is flying to s different universe
Is that why it’s been closed for so long?? Doesn’t surprised me as they have that little Harold in Submarine Splash

Is that why it’s been closed for so long?? Doesn’t surprised me as they have that little Harold in Submarine Splash
Yes the logos inside has been changed and the tour it climbs up has been repainted to a red yellow and blur color

Yes the logos inside has been changed and the tour it climbs up has been repainted to a red yellow and blur color
Understand why but interesting to shut it in the summer as Harold's is one of the biggest rides in Thomas land and Also won't help with queue times.During the busiest time of year.

It was closed as theses 2 parts needed to be replaced
IMG_4485.jpeg
IMG_4484.jpeg

Oh, maybe I heard something for the future then
That’s another thing I was looking at yesterday and if you look at the faces they were made at the same time as the frame of the helicopters and looking at the current version to the cgi version

IMG_4492.jpeg

IMG_1869.jpeg

They will have to remove all the current helicopters and replace them with the new version. Now I can’t see the point as it’s just a basic ride kids and adults really wouldn’t notice the difference.

That’s another thing I was looking at yesterday and if you look at the faces they were made at the same time as the frame of the helicopters and looking at the current version to the cgi version

View attachment 6575

View attachment 6576
They will have to remove all the current helicopters and replace them with the new version. Now I can’t see the point as it’s just a basic ride kids and adults really wouldn’t notice the difference.
It would be quite a simple job once they’ve got the helicopters off the ride, the only thing what needs changing is the face as it’s all the same basically.

Back