Pirate Adventure

Interesting that they used brick for that part of the building, ie, the entrance foyer. The rest of the building is corrugated sheet metal, which also has theming pieces attached to it, in parts.

Some better quality shots...

1703987831485.png
1703987875852.png

The facade definitely needs major repairs, but I won't lie, I'd be sad to see that iconic facade go. It's either rebuild the whole facade to fit in with Pirates cove, or take it down and cover it with temporary fencing.

I completely walked by your t yesterday puzzled as to why the area was blocked off I don’t know how I missed something that bad.

The looping group have proven with a great design team behind them and the right contractors they can turn a 1950’s theme building to a Wild West theme and they just put wood over the old theming so now if they remove all the frontage back to the brick work and with the use of wood they could easily change the theme of the building to suit a whole new theme.
They could easily have the best year yet which could easily fund a new dark ride and theme the area to suit for the 2025 or 26 season.

With the whole area around it Pirate themed, Jolly Buccaneer, Bounty, Dodgems Ahoy, etc, I doubt a new theme would go well, besides, pirate themes are very popular. Personally, I'd rather see a modernised version of Pirate Adventure reopen, like what happened to Pirate en Batavia when it burnt down a while back and they rebuilt it. Though a new dark ride, Pirate themed or not, especially a large scale one would be very welcomed.

With the whole area around it Pirate themed, Jolly Buccaneer, Bounty, Dodgems Ahoy, etc, I doubt a new theme would go well, besides, pirate themes are very popular. Personally, I'd rather see a modernised version of Pirate Adventure reopen, like what happened to Pirate en Batavia when it burnt down a while back and they rebuilt it. Though a new dark ride, Pirate themed or not, especially a large scale one would be very welcomed.
Definitely

To me , while they have carpenters on site working at the top of the park, It would make sense to perhaps cover the brick up with some basic wood panelling.
I would say there is high probability that the other side may be removed too before the park opens, it is probably in a similar state to the one that fell.

Lucky it did not happen on a day the park was open. I think they should at least make it look presentable, seeing as it will be a busy season and it is located in such a central location, I am sure they will do something.

Knock it down, fill in most of the man-made Excalibur lake, build a whole new area for 2026 with a great new family-thrill coaster, dark ride, and a few flats.

Whatever the theme, I hope it’s not Pirates. With AC & Vikings, I think the nautical themes are covered. Would love to see a Jungle/Enchanted Forest/Prehistoeic themed area.

Whatever the theme, I hope it’s not Pirates. With AC & Vikings, I think the nautical themes are covered. Would love to see a Jungle/Enchanted Forest/Prehistoeic themed area.
That would be a major investment since most of the surrounding area is themed to pirates. Still it would be nice to see a different theme there.

I reckon it would stay as pirate

However I would love a fantasy forest / fairy / mystical magical theme....

The looping group has added a whole new theme to nearly every area of the park and with the building 80% stripped of its pirate theming it gives the group there 1st chance to install a major dark ride at 1 of there parks and if they moved away from the pirate theme they won’t be judged as many have to agree it is the most missed ride at the park.

People would definitely miss the pirate theme (especially those hoping for a grand return for PA) - However, if there was a new theme put in place instead, especially one which is a bit more unique for example, then I reckon it would be a positive move in the long run.

(I say "unique" as there are quite a few pirate themed dark rides - similar to how there is/was a lot of goldmine themed rides too)

I feel like its a great opportunity to try something new (But wouldn't be surprised if the pirates were to remain)

There is a lot that could be done with magical theme. But there is a danger that it becomes a "poor man's Potter" if not done well.

With the potential of NASA returning to the moon in the next few years there could be a real desire and demand for space themed things. You can imagine some of the existing rides being easily rethemed and I love the ideas of space meteor dodgems in the dark with big neon and UV effects.

With the potential of NASA returning to the moon in the next few years there could be a real desire and demand for space themed things. You can imagine some of the existing rides being easily rethemed and I love the ideas of space meteor dodgems in the dark with big neon and UV effects.
Now that is a great idea. Not too niche but not too simple to the point where it’s overdone in other parks.

Jolly Buccaneer could have space ships rather than pirate boats. The Bounty could be some sort of planet themed ride.

I also love the idea of meteor dodgems, that would be really neat.

They need to get the theming right for the area and ensure the rides around it match. It would be great to see a themed area stretching from pirate adventure to where the fun foods is now to match whatever the irate adventure becomes. I would like to see the carousel become part of adventure cove. A new theme would be great. Water rides don't have to be thrilling. A magical theme. A cross between pirate adventure and a ride like its a small world would be great if it could be magical would be great for the family. Leave the thrills for Alton Towers and Thorpe park. Stick to family thrills.

They need to get the theming right for the area and ensure the rides around it match. It would be great to see a themed area stretching from pirate adventure to where the fun foods is now to match whatever the irate adventure becomes. I would like to see the carousel become part of adventure cove. A new theme would be great. Water rides don't have to be thrilling. A magical theme. A cross between pirate adventure and a ride like its a small world would be great if it could be magical would be great for the family. Leave the thrills for Alton Towers and Thorpe park. Stick to family thrills.
Bonus points if they also give it a catchy song like Small World right?

There is a lot that could be done with magical theme. But there is a danger that it becomes a "poor man's Potter" if not done well.

Poor Mans Potter made me giggle there!

Space theme... now thats an idea!

Back