Thomas & Friends Exhibition

I was an avid Thomas fan as a Kid. I would be interested to see the actual Trainset and Trains that made the program possible. Are all the Trains from the late 90’s and 2000’s version of Thomas on display at Drayton Mano?

I was an avid Thomas fan as a Kid. I would be interested to see the actual Trainset and Trains that made the program possible. Are all the Trains from the late 90’s and 2000’s version of Thomas on display at Drayton Mano?
The engines going to be running on it are replicas since on the old layout when everything was original the props were badly damaged but the original props are going in an ikea shelf for show. But vehicles, buildings etc. Will be original props and not replicas

The engines going to be running on it are replicas since on the old layout when everything was original the props were badly damaged but the original props are going in an ikea shelf for show. But vehicles, buildings etc. Will be original props and not replicas
James no5 how did the models that contributed to my Childhood get damaged. Please say it was age related wear and tea,not vandalism by vile visitors.

James no5 how did the models that contributed to my Childhood get damaged. Please say it was age related wear and tea,not vandalism by vile visitors.
It was due to light and the poor handling of them. The park didn't take good care of them

As seen on this picture Thomas had a replica face put on. his eyebrows rubbed of and his wheels were black not blue he lost his lamp irons his lamp and his tale lamp
Screenshot_20230813_104829_Google.jpg

Then for Edward he lost his whistle tender axle boxes his tender door was snapped of he like Thomas also had a replica face witch then broke all Edwards lamp irons were not there as seen in the picture
Screenshot_20230813_104833_Google.jpg

The pictures I don't have of the models I will just tell u what happened. In 2010 Terences plouh broke in 2011 Toby was stolen and before he was he was missing his lamp and his roof was backwards. Then also in 2011 Harvey was sent back to hit after his face fell off stepney was missing his 2 of his lamp irons and in 2015 his eyes we're pushed back Rosie hadn't had her whistle on since 2009 and her paint was chipt everywhere and in 2019 her piston rod fell off
most rolling stock had buffers broken off as well . Toad didn't have a face till 2020 !. Then in 2020 Molly, class 40,hank and raise were put on display while Edward Rosie and Thomas were having a maintenance.In July of 2021 class 40s face fell of and after that was then being held up with blue tack. Mollys lamp irons were giving to Thomas who had his original face back on and not his replica the eyes were yellow tho. And nowts really happend since 2021

This is Thomas after 2020
Screenshot_20230813_104906_Google.jpg
and for Edward he was sold off

Last edited:
Only Rosie and not sure their names but the green train and the double ended blue train worked with all the others been stationary.
0406F967-B5C2-485E-A2A9-77AED21D6240.jpeg
C54E9999-284B-4ADC-98C2-3CE0BEF6113D.jpeg

Attachments

• 97698E59-78F5-4F19-836F-07A9BE0BA398.jpeg
    97698E59-78F5-4F19-836F-07A9BE0BA398.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Only Rosie and not sure their names but the green train and the double ended blue train worked with all the others been stationary.
This is the reason I think using replicas will be much better for the park when the exhibition opens back up. If a train doesn't work, they can leave it stationary for a while until they can get a new model to replace it rather than have it sat in the same position for months on end.

It was due to light and the poor handling of them. The park didn't take good care of them

As seen on this picture Thomas had a replica face put on. his eyebrows rubbed of and his wheels were black not blue he lost his lamp irons his lamp and his tale lampView attachment 4364

Then for Edward he lost his whistle tender axle boxes his tender door was snapped of he like Thomas also had a replica face witch then broke all Edwards lamp irons were not there as seen in the pictureView attachment 4367

The pictures I don't have of the models I will just tell u what happened. In 2010 Terences plouh broke in 2011 Toby was stolen and before he was he was missing his lamp and his roof was backwards. Then also in 2011 Harvey was sent back to hit after his face fell off stepney was missing his 2 of his lamp irons and in 2015 his eyes we're pushed back Rosie hadn't had her whistle on since 2009 and her paint was chipt everywhere and in 2019 her piston rod fell off
most rolling stock had buffers broken off as well . Toad didn't have a face till 2020 !. Then in 2020 Molly, class 40,hank and raise were put on display while Edward Rosie and Thomas were having a maintenance.In July of 2021 class 40s face fell of and after that was then being held up with blue tack. Mollys lamp irons were giving to Thomas who had his original face back on and not his replica the eyes were yellow tho. And nowts really happend since 2021

This is Thomas after 2020View attachment 4368 and for Edward he was sold off
Actually, the Edward model was restored for the Clearwater Weekend Events and it went to be on display at the Midland Railway in 2021 and 2022 with other props and models from Thomas and Friends and TUGS. The Thomas Model has been sent for restoration and is set to return.

Actually, the Edward model was restored for the Clearwater Weekend Events and it went to be on display at the Midland Railway in 2021 and 2022 with other props and models from Thomas and Friends and TUGS. The Thomas Model has been sent for restoration and is set to return.
Yes well it's good edwards prosp in good Nick again

Back