2024: General Discussion

I don't think we will see any new ride changes happen this season. I doubt they'd just change one ride over without a proper phase plan. It'll be a long term project. Id probably start with engine tours if I had to pick as starting point (or over by Red balloon as it's close to Subsplash)

I think with the right side of Thomas land been 16 years old now some may need updating soon. I notice also the left side of Thomas land is more popular than the right.

It used to be a thing that if we had had a couple of long queues we used to head to the barrells / showdown to get a couple in quickly! It woudl be good to know if these timings are accurate.
The times today didn't seem to update between 12 & 3. It also said the Wave had a 15 minute wait. We looked to join the queue twice, both times it was all the way down to ground floor level so I reckon it would be the best part of an hour.

Used to have annual passes about 4 years ago, and all the impressive sounding improvements have tempted us to renew but have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help answer please before we do!
If you buy annual passes online, can you do the full purchase/registration at the same time to use straight away? Also do you get the friends and family discounts made available to you straight away?
Is the alternative entrance by the Vikings area still open at the same time as the main entrance? We used to park here to avoid the queues to get out the car park.
Is it likely to be stupid busy on Mondays in school holidays (not BH) ?
Thanks in advance
Just to come back and follow up, thanks to everyone for the comments.
So we did renew online - very quick and easy, got the F&F passes at the same time.
Used the parking and entrance by Vikings - got there too early though as was waiting in baking sun for half hr! Ought to open at 10am as 1030-5pm feels very limited.
Monday was busy, but not too bad. Longest queue was Bufallo ride / Jorgmunder or whatever it is called these days - around 35-40mins despite queue not being that long. They really need more than 1 staff member to help load/unload and reduce number of fast passes admitted as was way too slow. Gold rush was about half hr and a brilliant addition.
Love the new theming and general enhancements around the park, looks fantastic and a massive step up in quality. Sheriffs Showdown was notably better as well.
Vikings area very quiet, maybe because Loki was closed. Find this area a little lost given the horse ride is for very young children, Thor for much older kids. Feels like there it is missing another decent, higher capacity ride or attraction here for the age ranges of 8-12.
Would be good to have seen some enhancements around the main entrance (both sides) as lets the park down now.
Had a really good day all told and look forward to returning, didn't even get chance to visit the zoo!

Victoria Lynn said the long term plan is to have a new entrance plaza as she said it looks 1950’s and needs bringing up to date.
Also with 90% of guests now buying online the ticket booths ain’t needed now so the Annual pass office could be used for this.
Yeah I heard this, they would need to get it done in closed season. Dunno if it will happen any time soon tho

It would be quite a simple job once they’ve got the helicopters off the ride, the only thing what needs changing is the face as it’s all the same basically.
But if all they were doing was changing the faces, would it really even be worth it?
That noise is horrendous, apparently it's just sound affect, if it is they need to remove it
If it's a sound effect they must've got a deaf person to check over it! Like seriously how does anybody think that sounds good, like at all.

It's not a sound effect, it's teh air venting from the upper portion of the pneumatic cylinders that drive the ride up and down during the drop sequence. Unfortuantely it's a key part of how the ride works and can't be easily stopped.
Are you sure you are talking about the same noise?

I commented on this a good while ago and I'm pretty sure that the specific noise was from a speaker in the queue line.

cranky's tower drop thread

What they could do is put the new face over the old 1. It would screw/bolt in from the back and they wouldn’t have to take them off.
Harold was back open today

Attachments

• PXL_20240810_125418759.jpg
    PXL_20240810_125418759.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 57
Fishing cat enclosure is fixed following damages.
The cat seemed very happy on Saturday too

Attachments

• PXL_20240810_122609994.jpg
    PXL_20240810_122609994.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 52
Back