2024: General Discussion

I do wonder why this clearance sale could be happening, I mean it could be to clear stock. But Terence doesn’t have loads of space, so could they extend Terence to where the shop is? Or a whole new ride, it is quite wide the space in there.
It won't go, it is apparently closing but they could make it into a mini meet and greet like pete999films said behind that building is the old queue line to Jeremy jets so they could convert that into an indoor meet and great, but it's not big enough for a ride, if they did remove the building which they probably won't it would be a good area to put the Terences when kids aren't on them, like if there was 8 carts out and only 6 kids went on push them in that area so they wouldn't be in the way, and then at night they go in the main building, If they sold the Thomas land gift co sign I'd definitely buy it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240827_120857_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240827_120857_WhatsApp.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 42
As an "indoor" meet and greet for the rainy days maybe. But I prefer the roaming character meet and greet style - adds character to the area, more lifelike :)

It used to be advertised at £2 but when I went they just handed the clubs over.
We tend to use the crazy golf course during busy summer days (currently sat posting this, whilst my kids play on a very quiet course). I bring along a camping chair & have a sit for an hour.

The crazy golf does drive me mad though as this is such wasted revenue. So much money can be made from a good mini golf course. All year round revenue & doesn't cost much to run once you open, just staffing costs really and a bit of electricity. The course is in such a bad state & would love to see them do something with this free space at the top of the site

Park maps now been updated with gold rush now featuring on paper maps but not maps round the park personally think it looks out of proportion to the rest of the map probably a redesign is in the works as submarine splash still isn't featured on the new paper maps.

Attachments

• IMG_20240831_134720_SR.jpg
    IMG_20240831_134720_SR.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 50
Park maps now been updated with gold rush now featuring on paper maps but not maps round the park personally think it looks out of proportion to the rest of the map probably a redesign is in the works as submarine splash still isn't featured on the new paper maps.
Maps around park will be updated properly in closed season as there's no point printing new ones half way through :) They have a gold rush sticker on the one on guest services though.

Anyone here this afternoon? Think the park is the busiest I’ve seen it in many years. Thor’s queue is out of its gates, gold rush queue backed up into the tunnel. Loki and the Hautning closed.

The tree by vikings entrance has been chopped down so the entrance to vikings has been opened up a bit.also new planters round Thomas land fountain and entrance as well as more benches around as wel as all the queue time boards have been painted and new signage.

Attachments

• 1000027058.jpg
    1000027058.jpg
    16 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20240831_111329.jpg
    IMG_20240831_111329.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240831_114734.jpg
    IMG_20240831_114734.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20240831_114739.jpg
    IMG_20240831_114739.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Anyone here this afternoon? Think the park is the busiest I’ve seen it in many years. Thor’s queue is out of its gates, gold rush queue backed up into the tunnel. Loki and the Hautning closed.
Was like that yesterday believe it may be because of the last weekend of the summer holidays.Yesterday sheriffs showdown was at almost half a hour and rapids at the bottom of the stairs almost in the cattle pen.

I know there is a charity visit today. Young at heart charity have a lot of their families there - (400 people approx)

Thor was queuing out the gates Monday too :(

We were there both days this weekend and it was the busiest we have known since the Jubilee bank holiday. Someone vomited near us in the queue line of River Rapids, then as we walked past Maelstrom, there was another person spewing. We turned round and went to the Chicken Shack and there were a couple women having a blazing row. Quite a drama-filled 15 minutes.

My youngest managed to get on Loki both days but we did notice the central column wasn't rotating, only the arms swinging.

Those two Cowbows/Vikings/Circus guys were fantastic as usual!

Rory and Lory, and their carer with the spangly jacket, was doing a great job on the stage, and seemed to be on every time we walked past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn’t be a Drayton Xmas event without ambiguity in the offering.
Thomas train seems to be up charge…
But… when you book it says included in grotto tickets.
And you choose a grotto time. But no train time?

Also - an accessible grotto ticket with (I assume) less sensory overload is an amazing development

On top - great ride offering for closed season. One of the best in the uk for small families

Christmas Wonderland is free for all Platinum and Gold annual passholders to enter. You can add the Grotto and Train upgrade for just £10 per person when you prebook your visit.

Nice to see little improvements to the christmas offering. I am surprised they're going to use the Thomas train however as they used the Polperro express last year & the lights still remain towards the back of Air Race. Of course, they could still be using this but taking the train out of the ride offering towards the zoo is an odd idea.

Such a shame you can't book the train & hot chocolate separately. My kids (12,10 & 7) aren't too fussed about seeing the big man but would want to do the train ride & hot chocolate.

Wouldn’t be a Drayton Xmas event without ambiguity in the offering.
Thomas train seems to be up charge…
But… when you book it says included in grotto tickets.
And you choose a grotto time. But no train time?

Also - an accessible grotto ticket with (I assume) less sensory overload is an amazing development

On top - great ride offering for closed season. One of the best in the uk for small families
Train & Grotto are a ticket together :) The price includes both.
At the moment, the train part is being finalised but when I checked on Saturday, there is no timeslot for the train at this time

Thomas and Rosie will be free to all guests to it dusk then it will operate on a return service only as unless they put better lighting around the farm area it won’t be used after 3pm.

Back