Gold Rush (New for 2024)

I really hope so, if they don’t I know there will be a lot of backlash like people saying about having to pay for the hotel to get in stuff etc. I really hope its like it tomorrow, i’d be really disappointed otherwise.
Regardless of if there is an opening event or not, it will still be a really enjoyable day :)
Do let us know what you think of the ride and experience

1721992921445.png

Sharing the email :) Might pop in on Sunday if I can.

Anyone been today? What were the queues like?
I went for 2 hours today with Ivy and managed to get on it 3 times.
Cycle 1 once
Cycle 2 twice
Cycle 1 was ok it felt slow going over the top. I wonder if they should launch it up there. But I loved the launch backwards out of the shed.
Cycle 2 OMG that was excellent how quick it went down the lift hill then launching forward out of the shed but like cycle 1 wish it launched up the lift hill.
The coaster felt like it was worth the queue time and been on 2 trains 1st time was 30 mins, 2nd 15 mins and 3rd got to stay on as only 6 were left to ride the coaster in the queue line.
IMG_4448.jpeg
IMG_4446.jpeg
IMG_4447.jpeg
IMG_4443.jpeg
IMG_4442.jpeg
IMG_4441.jpeg
IMG_4440.jpeg
IMG_4434.jpeg
IMG_4433.jpeg
IMG_4432.jpeg
IMG_4431.jpeg
IMG_4430.jpeg
IMG_4427.jpeg

I went for 2 hours today with Ivy and managed to get on it 3 times.
Cycle 1 once
Cycle 2 twice
Cycle 1 was ok it felt slow going over the top. I wonder if they should launch it up there. But I loved the launch backwards out of the shed.
Cycle 2 OMG that was excellent how quick it went down the lift hill then launching forward out of the shed but like cycle 1 wish it launched up the lift hill.
The coaster felt like it was worth the queue time and been on 2 trains 1st time was 30 mins, 2nd 15 mins and 3rd got to stay on as only 6 were left to ride the coaster in the queue line.

I can't comment on Cycle 2 but I wholeheartedly agree on Cycle 1. When reaching the top I started a shout of "Geronimo!!" and I was holding onto the "ooooooo" to his some speed!

But yeah I loved the backwards launch out of the shed.

Was there any noticable positive impact on the queue time for the Wave etc?

Last edited:
I can't comment on Cycle 2 but I wholeheartedly agree on Cycle 1. When reaching the top I started a shout of "Geronimo!!" and I was holding onto the "ooooooo" to his some speed!

But yeah I loved the backwards launch out of the shed.

Was there any noticable positive impact on the queue time for the Wave etc?
God the wave is so painful to watch. It was on the bottom level and on the queue screen it listed 65 mins. In the time it took us to queue for the rapids and get off it had only gone round once.

Managed 6 laps in the passholder hour. Good, fun and long ride. A great addition!

The start of Cycle 2 (back down the lift) is better but the backwards launch is better on Cycle 1.
We managed 6 laps aswell this morning. We somehow ended up with cycle 1 for 5 cycles and then on our last go we lucked out with cycle 2.

We managed 6 laps aswell this morning. We somehow ended up with cycle 1 for 5 cycles and then on our last go we lucked out with cycle 2.
We worked out that every cycle altered after eleven so we managed 3 cycle 1s and 2 of the second cycle

Back