Pirate Adventure

I'd still not want screens/projections in a Pirate Adventure 2.0 situation. Look at Piraten in Batavia for example. Sure it had a couple of screens and projections, but the scenes without them are just stellar!

I'd still not want screens/projections in a Pirate Adventure 2.0 situation. Look at Piraten in Batavia for example. Sure it had a couple of screens and projections, but the scenes without them are just stellar!
Agreed, practical effects and animatronics are what I would prefer. Never a huge fan of too many screens/ projections as it takes away from the experience for me.

Right let’s say the building been passed off to reused with guests but the ride system and adding more fire exits/places to stop the boats in an emergency is not cost efficient.
How about this new system?
It could be themed to a pirate ship and with it been low to the ground make it look like it’s on water with the use of projectors and you have a mixture of screens and set pieces.

Right let’s say the building been passed off to reused with guests but the ride system and adding more fire exits/places to stop the boats in an emergency is not cost efficient.
It could be themed to a pirate ship and with it been low to the ground make it look like it’s on water with the use of projectors and you have a mixture of screens and set pieces.
As cool as that ride system looks, I personally think you just can't beat a boat ride system when it comes to pirate themed attractions. I mean, if Drayton are willing to take down some of the zoo for a dark ride with that ride system based on touring a jungle, count me in!

Last edited:
Reminds me a bit of the old cable cars. Personally I think this is a good idea but boats would just overall be much better.

I'm just seeing Peter Pan here

It's nice but can't beat a boat I think

I think the fact Pirate Adventure has been having maintenance all year is pointing to a return next season. The Looping Group do invest in multiple rides in one season, In 2021 The Rapids reopened alongside a new Waveswinger,Play Are,refurbished Stormforce 10,Malestrom and Cafe. Last year an entire new Vikings area and remodelled Buffalo Rollercoaster opened. With these projects in mind it’s a realistic conc that Pirate Adventure could reopen in addition to the new Rollercoaster.

The building has had work. Very different from the ride having work.

If they were planning on re opening the ride, given the size and scale, work would be well underway. There would be lots of evidence of this around the back, in general door ways etc, lots of construction vans and whatnot, of which there is non.

It is not coming back for next year, I can tell you with certainty. You not need to believe me, just wait and see.

That wall not been seen by the public since 2007 as the Thomas land toilets were built in front of them.
769387DD-CDA3-4A5B-B618-4428B4588EA4.jpeg

James no5 I know you’re quick to dismiss the possibility of Pirate Adventure returning next year but you shouldn’t be. Last year Alton Towers reopened Duel as Alton Manor. This redevelopment was done swiftly and relatively discreetly. All the maintenance being carried out point me to believe a surprise reopening is happening next year. No matter what I feel Pirates Cove is included in the Rollercoaster projetct. If Pirate Adventure doesn’t return next year I think it will in 2025. Pirate Adventure could return as phase 2 of the Pirate Cove refresh. I definitely think the new Rollercoaster and surrounding area will be integrated with Pirates Cove.

James no5 I know you’re quick to dismiss the possibility of Pirate Adventure returning next year but you shouldn’t be. Last year Alton Towers reopened Duel as Alton Manor. This redevelopment was done swiftly and relatively discreetly. All the maintenance being carried out point me to believe a surprise reopening is happening next year. No matter what I feel Pirates Cove is included in the Rollercoaster projetct. If Pirate Adventure doesn’t return next year I think it will in 2025. Pirate Adventure could return as phase 2 of the Pirate Cove refresh. I definitely think the new Rollercoaster and surrounding area will be integrated with Pirates Cove.
It's only because the building is badly damaged and the carts are rusty but I guess it could come back but it's a rare possibility

James no5 I know you’re quick to dismiss the possibility of Pirate Adventure returning next year but you shouldn’t be. Last year Alton Towers reopened Duel as Alton Manor. This redevelopment was done swiftly and relatively discreetly. All the maintenance being carried out point me to believe a surprise reopening is happening next year. No matter what I feel Pirates Cove is included in the Rollercoaster projetct. If Pirate Adventure doesn’t return next year I think it will in 2025. Pirate Adventure could return as phase 2 of the Pirate Cove refresh. I definitely think the new Rollercoaster and surrounding area will be integrated with Pirates Cove
Where was it mentioned about Pirate cove being included in the roller coaster project ? I don’t remember reading anything about this.

Where was it mentioned about Pirate cove being included in the roller coaster project ? I don’t remember reading anything about this.
Charliie t return of Pirate Adventure hasn’t been mentioned anywhere else. It’s purely speculation and thoughts from users of this forum. I actually think Pirate Adventure will return. Drayton is Alton Tower’s competitor. As you know Alton opened a new Dark Ride this year. It only makes sense that Drayton will open a new Dark Ride I.E Pirate Adventure. I feel like Pirates Cove as well as the plot formally occupied by Apocalypse and Pandamonium will be part of next year’s new area. The Looping Group have proved they can reopen an SBNO Dark Ride within months. There was less than a year between the announcement of the Rapids return and them returning. Arguably the Rapids would’ve entailed more cost and labour to reopen than Pirate Adventure woud.

Drayton is Alton Tower’s competitor
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I certainly wouldn’t say Drayton Manor is a competitor of one of the biggest parks in the country. I think they probably compete with the likes of Paulton’s Park. However, I think considering Drayton are getting constant investment each year, in a few years they may be competing with bigger parks.

Back