Pirate Adventure

I never got a chance to ride Pirate Adventure but after watching some on-ride footage on YouTube I noticed there was a small drop in the first half of the ride. Does anyone know if the ride was raised up inside the building or built into the ground? I would love to see what it is like im the building now. I'm imagining just an empty trough inside a broken down building with random pirates and thening dotted all over the place.
Yes. When you enter the building, you'd be introduced with a incline path. You'd follow this walkway, and when you'd enter the station you'll be high above ground level, thats why there's a drop at the beginning.

Trooper Looper I never had the chance to ride Pirate Adventure,I’ve never ever been to Drayton Manor. Despite this I’ve been to Drayton Manor many times via my IPad screen. I know gallons about the place. I probably know more than members of the public who visit multiple times a year.
Trooper Looper did you get wet on Pirate Adventure,from POV’s it appears you did.

Trooper Looper I never had the chance to ride Pirate Adventure,I’ve never ever been to Drayton Manor. Despite this I’ve been to Drayton Manor many times via my IPad screen. I know gallons about the place. I probably know more than members of the public who visit multiple times a year.
Trooper Looper did you get wet on Pirate Adventure,from POV’s it appears you did.
You got the odd splash but you didn’t really get wet. It was nice for a nice easy ride that you could take a break on.

Someone has posted a photo of the current c of Excalibur on Facebook. Looking at the photo it appears realistic that Excalibur could reopen.Out of Pirate Adventure and Excalibur which do you think is most likely to reopen next year?

Someone has posted a photo of the current c of Excalibur on Facebook. Looking at the photo it appears realistic that Excalibur could reopen.Out of Pirate Adventure and Excalibur which do you think is most likely to reopen next year?
Nope Excalibur will not reopen unfortunately. The ride system is pretty wrecked (if still there) as it's in a river. The natural setup around the ride is not ideal for maintenance and in its final years the ride was unfortunately in a very bad way.

The loading platform is used for Christmas & Halloween events as the castle of dreams (screams for Halloween)

If anything, this area will be reused for that purpose instead in future as it has for the last few years.

[But this is not relevant to Pirates and is going off topic]

Neither of these attractions will be reopening in 2024. I do believe it's the end of the line for both.

Nope Excalibur will not reopen unfortunately. The ride system is pretty wrecked (if still there) as it's in a river. The natural setup around the ride is not ideal for maintenance and in its final years the ride was unfortunately in a very bad way.

The loading platform is used for Christmas & Halloween events as the castle of dreams (screams for Halloween)

If anything, this area will be reused for that purpose instead in future as it has for the last few years.

Neither of these attractions will be reopening in 2024. I do believe it's the end of the line for both.

I agree elise both rides a recks mostly Excalibur but also pirates adventure is not in a good condition

I agree elise both rides a recks mostly Excalibur but also pirates adventure is not in a good condition
James no5 Its a waste having these rides SBNO. From what I’ve seen and heard both rides were among the best in Europe and had good throughputs. It would be great if Drayton Manor were to reopen these Alton Towers favourites

The only time I did Pirate Adventure was when I was merely 6 years old, yet I vividly remember the queue, the drop, the goat scene, and the skeletons in the finale. I was scared, but in a good way that it was still really fun.

Its a waste having these rides SBNO.
They are only SBNO because most of the ride system and theming are missing. Are PA and Excalibur even classed as SBNO if core parts of the ride are missing? I would say no but I’d be interested to hear other people’s opinions.
The only time I did Pirate Adventure was when I was merely 6 years old, yet I vividly remember the queue, the drop, the goat scene, and the skeletons in the finale. I was scared, but in a good way that it was still really fun.
I may have also done PA when I was younger but I can’t remember anything of the actual ride. I do however remember the ‘feeling’ of being on the ride. (I guess you could call?)

Both rides were magical for me when they first opened, and I too share that nostalgic optimism. However, both being SBNO for as long as they have and being water rides, I imagine the ride systems are beyond salvageable.

With the cost needed to get these rides up and running, that’s without costs of theming/infrastructure etc, they may as well knock it all down and start again. Once the new coaster/area is in, there isn’t really anywhere else for them to open/retheme a new land as they have been doing.

Love the way Winston’s control booth was incorporated into the Pirate adventure building
7A7BE166-3734-4190-ACA7-F8583934D190.jpeg

haven't seen anyone notice this yet but it would appear that part of the rock that is skull shaped near the caves in pa has been used as theming in the Vikings scare zone, you can see the exact crack line that is present in the pa picture.

1698530815250.png

Attachments

• 277260153_5c2439e972_m.jpg
    277260153_5c2439e972_m.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 119
Back