Pirate Adventure

haven't seen anyone notice this yet but it would appear that part of the rock that is skull shaped near the caves in pa has been used as theming in the Vikings scare zone, you can see the exact crack line that is present in the pa picture.

View attachment 4908
wv5hsyh4tri51.png

The memories are flooding back now haha!

haven't seen anyone notice this yet but it would appear that part of the rock that is skull shaped near the caves in pa has been used as theming in the Vikings scare zone, you can see the exact crack line that is present in the pa picture.

View attachment 4908
This is new theming they’ve added. This wasn’t their when we visited at the start of the Halloween events this month.

I feel with Curse at Alton and Valhalla both being re imagined and very successful family dark rides, something will be coming to Drayton sooner rather than later. In the PA building.

After next year the big glaring hole in DMRs lineup will be a proper dark ride.....

With them repairing the roof this season and them clearing out more of the scenes and stuff in the maintenance area when look to me they could be looking at reusing the original ride system as it’s been drained for years so would only really need need lift hill motors, maybe new chains and pumps to pump the water round the ride. New boats will be needed as most of them have been left outside.

With them repairing the roof this season and them clearing out more of the scenes and stuff in the maintenance area when look to me they could be looking at reusing the original ride system as it’s been drained for years so would only really need need lift hill motors, maybe new chains and pumps to pump the water round the ride. New boats will be needed as most of them have been left outside.
I hope this will be the case and there is not extensive damage to the ride itself and other elements of the building but only time will tell, they have huge potential for that building and i hope they come up with something even better than the original

I hope this will be the case and there is not extensive damage to the ride itself and other elements of the building but only time will tell, they have huge potential for that building and i hope they come up with something even better than the original
Well most of its now Thomas land stuff. The shop ,the exhibition ,Winston, Emilys play area, toilets and the burger kitchen only with some of pa left

Well most of its now Thomas land stuff. The shop ,the exhibition ,Winston, Emilys play area, toilets and the burger kitchen only with some of pa left
But a lot of those were there when PA was still open?
Thomasland opened in 2008 and PA closed in 2015 :)

I don't know the exact dates everything in ThomasLand opened mind you (Dates are not an area of my expertise)

The main shop and Emily's adventure opened in 2008 along with the toilets and the burger kitchen opened a few years before and where there when PA was still open as in 2013 when Winston's opened PA was on its last legs then but was still operating so there shouldn't be a problem with it re opening on the same scale that it was when it first opened or toward the end when it closed

Wasn’t there something about the over all health and safety code of the building? I’m sure I read somewhere that they needed to update the building for this.
Yes i believe it was both the structural safety and fire safety of the building correct me if im wrong though

The building would need a sprinkler system installing if it was re used as a ride again. The legislation is a bit hard to read, but I am certain that building is not upto regulation.

I would to see inside now. See if my name is still signed onto the osb board behind the bar scene. We used to sit on the bridge that crosses over the trough and eat our lunch, right next to the fighting pirates unbeknown to plenty of guests passing underneath.

Over half term I took the little lad to Jorvik as he has being doing Vikings at school.

The middle section is a dark ride and the animatronics were really good. The pods were transproted by a ride system at the top and held 6 on two levels, each seat had individual speakers with a screen in front which gave extra info and allowed for personalised choice as to the commentary you received.

Given the Viking section is there the possibility of Drayton hosting "Jorvik Midlands" in the PA building?

It would being a whole new crowd and also opens up the opportunity to do school trips etc during parkclosures. The Theatre could also be repurposed for a lecture / lesson type thing too.

Over half term I took the little lad to Jorvik as he has being doing Vikings at school.

The middle section is a dark ride and the animatronics were really good. The pods were transproted by a ride system at the top and held 6 on two levels, each seat had individual speakers with a screen in front which gave extra info and allowed for personalised choice as to the commentary you received.

Given the Viking section is there the possibility of Drayton hosting "Jorvik Midlands" in the PA building?

It would being a whole new crowd and also opens up the opportunity to do school trips etc during parkclosures. The Theatre could also be repurposed for a lecture / lesson type thing too.
I can’t see a Viking ride or show working outside of the Vikings area as they trying to keep each area to a theme. Can see the theatre been re-themed partly over the next 3 weeks or done after the new year.

I can’t see a Viking ride or show working outside of the Vikings area as they trying to keep each area to a theme. Can see the theatre been re-themed partly over the next 3 weeks or done after the new year.
If they added anything it would be in the area where the climbing frame was

If they added anything it would be in the area where the climbing frame was
Yes, especially as there is doors in the shop also leading to that way. I’m sure if there was never going to be anything over there they would of removed those doors.

This is a little off topic but speaking of educational places within the park for school usage, has anyone ever seen the one they have in the zoo open? It's located just after the bridge where you can buy food from the machine things to give to the ducks (or birds?) whilst walking down to the Dino Trail.

Back